Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 AM

2 posts, read 5,289 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Nashville from Memphis this summer and will be working at Vanderbilt Medical Center. We looked at apartments in the Bellevue area. We need a reasonably priced 3-BR. The floor plans we liked most were the Lexington, 865 Bellevue and Hillmeade, but it was really scary to read their reviews online!

We are looking for information from someone who lived in Bellevue for a while and can tell us the pros and cons of each. Is the area generally safe? Is it important to live in a gated community? How bad is morning traffic? Should we stay as close as possible to the interstate? Some people told us bugs are a big problem in all complexes close to the woods. Is it bad enough to stay away from the complexes with beautiful landscape?

Thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 09:46 AM

150 posts, read 441,771 times
I live in Hillmeade. I moved here in 6/08 and lived here until 8/09. Had the opportunity to move into a small home owned by a friend (BIG MISTAKE!). I moved back to Hillmeade in January. I have always been happy here - needless to say or I wouldn't have come back. I find it to be quiet and peaceful here. The location is covenient. I am a single woman and have always felt very safe here. In fact, many times I walk my dogs for about 30 minutes very late at night on the property and have never had a problem. I have a great relationship with the office staff and always get help right away if I need it. The same people are working in the office that were here when I rented in 4/08. Maintenence issues have always been taken care of immediately. Can't answer your question about morning traffic as I don't commute. But, if you have any otoher questions about Hillmeade, feel free to DM me.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,032,762 times
Hillmeade is definitely the nicest apartment complex in Bellevue. Most complexes in Bellevue are nice enough but not spectacular. However, even the less desirable Bellevue apartments are a better option than the nicest complexes in Antioch.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:06 PM

24 posts, read 93,990 times
My wife and I lived in the Wyndchase Bellevue Apartments off Hwy 70S for nine months recently and enjoyed our stay there. Their rates seemed to be pretty good and they have two pools and a work out room on site. We both work at Vanderbilt and the location worked out well (close to highway/parks/grocery/etc.). We've since bought a home in Bellevue and really love the area.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,289 times
Thanks all for responding. We did like Hillmeade, although apartments looked somewhat old. Wyndchase is a nice complex, but we felt their apartments were smaller. I think we will either go with Hillmeade or the Lexington. We are planning a second visit soon.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:07 AM

150 posts, read 441,771 times
Not sure what you are looking for in an apt interior, but both apts that I have lived in at Hillmeade were nicely updated. The first apt. had new carpet, paint, light fixtures, appliances and linoleum. The apt I am in now has every thing updated. Some apts have celing fans and mantles over the fireplaces. The floorplans are much larger than all of the other complexes I looked at and I consider the rent to be reasonable. Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville