Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM

369 posts, read 943,380 times

Advertisements

marche or margot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 07:16 PM

4,365 posts, read 4,575,425 times
Thanks a bunch to everyone who's posted so far. I've been taking notes...and I'll be searching online for these restaurants' menus.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:47 PM

21 posts, read 51,715 times
I just went to Khan's Mongolian Barbeque. It is on 4th street and I really enjoyed. You pretty much choose whatever you want to eat (vegetables, sauce) and they fry it on the spot on a huge round "table" pan! The price is very reasonable and I found it very fresh.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 PM

124 posts, read 286,431 times
if you're into sushi, ichiban is on 2nd ave downtown, and among the better sushi offerings in town in my opinion. my favorites are probably shintomi in green hills or samurai on elliston, but neither are particularly convenient to riverfront downtown, and ichiban has a really nice atmosphere and is quite good in its own right.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 PM

21 posts, read 51,715 times
Forget to mention that the Mongolian BBQ is not fancy at all. Just a place to grab a quick meal. =)

Old 03-10-2010, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 3,101 times
I'll give a slightly different take on this question. I would steer vistitors to Nashville's many great meat-and-threes for something uniquely Nashville. Monell's, Elliston Place Soda Shop and Swett's are all convenient to downtown and offer a more Nashville-ish experience.

Old 03-10-2010, 01:40 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashwriter View Post
I'll give a slightly different take on this question. I would steer vistitors to Nashville's many great meat-and-threes for something uniquely Nashville. Monell's, Elliston Place Soda Shop and Swett's are all convenient to downtown and offer a more Nashville-ish experience.
Without a doubt! If Nashville had a culinary flag, Hot Chicken and Meat & Threes would be on it. Arnold's Country Kitchen on 8th Ave is a James Beard Award winning restaurant (only open weekdays for lunch). Personally, I like Dandgure's Classic Southern Cooking on 6th and Lafayette. As for Hot Chicken...Prince's is the king around here but you'll find Bolton's Spicy Chicken to be good as well.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:56 PM

12 posts, read 22,849 times
Demos is really good,and has a friendly,and high class atmophere. The prices are great too!!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 AM

10 posts, read 18,818 times
For good food fast I like Noshville on Broadway. Arnold's Country Kitchen on 8th Ave is a James Beard Award winning restaurant (only open weekdays for lunch). Arnolds gets two thumbs up.
[LEFT]
Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/nashville/910533-good-restaurants-downtown-2.html#ixzz0hyz8QIzc
[/LEFT]

Old 03-13-2010, 09:31 AM

4 posts, read 18,014 times
In the downtown area, here's the assessment:

I will have to break with others on Demo's. It's pretty nice ambiance, but the food is very forgettable in my opinion (but that's just me, no one get angry!).

You HAVE to go to Varallo's on 4th if you like chili. Total hole in the wall, but best chili will ever eat in your life.

If you are around on a sunday, please, please go to brunch at the Copper Kettle. You won't regret it.

The Capitol Grille hasn't been mentioned, and I think it is worth mentioning...fantastic lunch menu that is much more reasonably priced than you would expect for such an elegant place. And as an aside, the COOLEST bathroom in America. Women are allowed in just to look at it, and if you see it, you will know why.

Also, Rotier's hasn't been mentioned. It's a Nashville landmark, and you are required by law to get the cheeseburger on french and a vanilla milkshake if you have never been there.

Other options: Merchant's was a good recommendation made earlier, and I would also recommend Rae's Sandwich Shoppe on Union for an easy and casual experience with amazing sandwiches (get the Monte Cristo).

Enjoy your stay in one of the best cities in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: