Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2010, 09:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,803 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I'm new the this forum and to Nashville. I am a recent college graduate looking for a mechanical engineering job in Nashville. So far, Monster and Careerbuilder have given me some leads but I haven't had any replies as of yet. Just wondering if there's anywhere else I should look? It seems the entry level market is really struggling right now and it just so happens that I'm an entry level engineer. Thanks for any replies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 10:47 AM

957 posts, read 3,700,976 times
The entry level job market in any field is struggling because there are so many experienced people unemployed willing to work for entry level wages. I wish I had an answer.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM

274 posts, read 762,446 times
I have seen other people mention on here, not to rely on Monster or Careerbuilder, etc...Find some companies in the area that hire Mechanical Engineers, and inquire and apply with them directly...That sounds like good advice..

Old 01-28-2010, 11:26 AM

2 posts, read 3,803 times
Thanks y'all. I haven't been relying totally on the job sites but it's really the only thing I have right now. I haven't been here long enough to build any real connections. Thanks for the advice, though. I'm trying to find a list of engineering firms and things up here but there's really not one I can find. I have sent emails to companies directly but they just reply that they don't have anything open and I'll be put on their mailing list if something comes up. Oh well, I guess it's just a sign of the times. Thank you again for the replies though; I'm determined not to give up!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:09 PM

20 posts, read 55,399 times
My friend graduated in that field - While not Nashville, his job - straight-out-of-college for Bechtel paid him $52k with a month vacation a year and great benefits. Now over a year later he's making over 60k.

May want to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville