Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2010, 10:01 AM

32 posts, read 57,357 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to thank all of you for your patience and help with all of my questions and concerns about moving to TN. Putting together all the input from you guys and my family down there we were able to finally zero in and make the move!
We chose to move to Willoughby Station in Mount Juliet. We are slated to close on our house here in NY on March 1 (IF there are no usual NY delays) and will be in our house before March 14!
NOW... the exhaustion begins.. I was so spoiled by going around and looking at possible house choices and enjoying the wonderful TN hospitality! NOW I am lifting heavy things, packing and going through things I haven't looked at in years! Not easy with a 2 1/2 year old! UGH!
We are SO looking forward to being a resident of Mt. Juliet this spring! BUT you haven't gotten rid of me yet! I am still going to need input on a pediatrician, family doctor, dentist, hospital,hair salon, and maybe an occasional "where can I find this" post.
I am also looking forward to being on the other side of this City-Data forum - being able to give my take on our moving experience!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:42 AM

13 posts, read 35,192 times
Cool, I live in Willoughby Station. What part of NY do you live in? I was born and raised in Brooklyn.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:36 AM

32 posts, read 57,357 times
We looked at so many developments in Mount Juliet and always ended up back at Willoughby. Of course, we had to wait it out in order for our NY house to sell, but as soon as we went back we looked at one other development and we were right back at Willoughby again! We had the inspection done yesterday on the house and the report was great! We can't wait!
My husband and I were born and raised in Nassau County Long Island. How long ago did you make your move?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 35,192 times
I moved here in 2006...I moved from South Florida. I love it here, love the change of seasons and we don't get dumped on with snow. Really nice people, and Willoughby is really great.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:39 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,284,096 times
So glad you'll be moving here soon. I'm originally from Suffolk County and moved here a little over 2 years ago just north of Nashville. Good luck with the move.

Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM

160 posts, read 503,357 times
Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 01-27-2010, 12:51 PM

940 posts, read 1,904,439 times
Hey littlegto: I laughed when I realized your screen name matches a title by Ronnie And the Daytonas, a Nashville band who had a top 10 hit with "Little GTO" in '64 or '65 I think. They were session players who played on country and other types of records. They didn't tour or play live too much, I'm sure their studio schedule ruled and I never heard them. A good trivia story for me here in Houston, where people think they were a bona fide surf band, not country session guys. As it happens they had another top 40 offering (maybe only regional), "Sandy" which I have been looking for on the internet, no success. Now I wonder if we will see someone named HeyLittleCobra on this board sometime!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville