Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 01:23 PM

12 posts, read 42,107 times

Advertisements

We're looking at relocating to N'ville soon (next couple of months) and are looking for a house to rent. 3 or 4 Bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms that is zoned for a good elementary school. Our range is $700-1000.

I'm tired of looking through Craigslist and finding something 'perfect' only to email and have them respond, asking me to 'click this link' to send them my credit report and finding that the whole listing is a scam.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what areas I should be looking in, and another place to look besides craigslist? We are drawn to the Hendersonville/Mt. Juliet area, but are open to suggestions.

Thanks!
Sue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 AM

73 posts, read 247,045 times
yes check RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder

Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,518,919 times
You should be able to find a good number of rentals in the Hendersonville/Mt.J areas. I see a decent amount of road signs, etc for them.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:58 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,861,182 times
4 bedrooms and 700-1000 a month might be a bit difficult in Hendersonville. You might find a 3 bedroom with a bonus room that could be used as a 4th bedroom, however.

If you use realtracs, look for Hendersonville homes zoned for Beech, Indian Lake, Jack Anderson or Nannie Berry Elementary. While you really can't go wrong with any Hendersonville school, these are tops. You might also consider looking in the Sumner County portion of the city of Goodlettsville. Madison Creek would be the elementary there and it is excellent. For Middle and High School, the students attend Hendersonville schools.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:54 PM

144 posts, read 467,735 times
I love Realtracs, but they don't have a ton of rental listings. To get the best deals you often just have to drive around the neighborhoods you like and call on the "For Rent" signs. Newspaper classifieds can also work. A lot of "oldtimer" landlords aren't posting on Craigslist, but they do use classifieds. Also, the property management companies may be a good place to look these days. Rents are down, there are lots of vacant houses, there are a lot of homeowners in distress and this can mean you can even find good deals through property management companies who've been told to reduce the rent or whatever it takes to get a good tenant occupying a property. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville