Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 PM

67 posts, read 414,854 times

Advertisements

How is the weather in Tennessee at the beginning of November? A few buddies and I plan to head out there for a Tennessee college football game. How far is the stadium from Nashville? Is it driving distance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 PM

597 posts, read 2,111,505 times
Felix, we're assuming you're talking about a University of Tennessee game? From the Nashville area, it's a couple of hundred miles, so perhaps you need to be talking to the Knoxville folks.

The weather first of November? Chances are, it should okay, but one never knows. It can turn on you quickly. Check the forecast much closer to game day. That's the only way you can possibly prepare.

If it's another college game in Tennessee, be a bit more specific and I'm sure you'll get all the help you need.

There was a day a couple of years ago when a whole van load of people were going to the Tennessee game (in Knoxville). We were one block from LP Field when they asked, "is that the stadium?" (meaning the biggie in Knox—an hour from game time in Knoxville). They thought they were at Neyland. I kind of spoiled their day, but I didn't offer much sympathy for that one. The empty LP Field kind of helped prove my point. Tsk.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:26 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,241,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix12584 View Post
How is the weather in Tennessee at the beginning of November? A few buddies and I plan to head out there for a Tennessee college football game. How far is the stadium from Nashville? Is it driving distance?
It's very hard to say, sometimes it can be an "Indian summer" during that time, still relatively warm during the day and just cool during the evenings. Or what someone might call a "crisp, fall day." In other years it can start to get cold and/or rainy and/or windy about then. It's really hard to predict what the weather will be like here in spring and fall, even just a few days ahead of time. It could be 70 and sunny one day, and 40 and rainy the next.

It probably won't be really cold during the day during that time, but you might plan on it being chilly--maybe bring a sweater and jacket or a light coat.

Are you referring to a University of Tennessee football game in Knoxville? I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "Tennessee college football game."

Edited to add: I was typing my reply while IngleDave was posting. I might have duplicated his reply somewhat. Funny, the original post has been sitting here for hours with no reply, and then Dave and I both reply at almost the same time.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:51 AM

67 posts, read 414,854 times
Sorry I didn't elaborate on where the game was. Yes I was referring to University of Tennessee. I also wanted to visit Nashville because I only heard great things about the city. I would probably only be able to swing a 4 day trip. Should I just do Nashville and the university of T game in separate trips?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 AM

It's a little less than 200 miles from Nashville to Knoxville, or about 3 1/2 to 4 hours driving time. So, it would be doable to come to Nashville for couple of days, then head on over to Knoxville.

Are you flying or driving to Tennessee? If you're flying you'll probably find it better (and cheaper) to fly into Nashville International.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:00 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,486,086 times
A lot of people drive from Nashville to Knoxville on gameday, so it's not essential that you stay in Knoxville. But if you're wanting to tailgate and hang out after the game, it's probably a good idea.

I'm a Vandy fan, but I have to say that going to Neyland Stadium for a game is a great experience.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:11 AM

Yes, Neyland Stadium is quite a bit different than the, uh, sorta crappy, Vanderbilt stadium. And . . . people at UT games don't leave in the third quarter! ;-)

Old 08-31-2009, 01:39 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,486,086 times
Hey now!

Yeah, the students used to show up at halftime...and the alumni would leave after the 3rd quarter. But last year really was different. We'll see if the tide had turned on West End this season, I suppose.

And, FWIW, Vandy did spend a lot of money on renovating the stadium this year. Making it look more like a college stadium instead of a sterile venue. It's still not Neyland...but hey: we're trying!

Old 08-31-2009, 02:33 PM

It used to be almost an honored tradition to leave at the end of the third quarter at a Vandy game.

Last edited by alleycat; 08-31-2009 at 02:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville