Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 06:22 AM

9 posts, read 14,698 times

Advertisements

Hi ya'll! I'm relocating from Massachusetts to Nashville in a few weeks. I am looking for a trendy but safe place to live. I will be working in Goodlettsville and would like to keep my commute to 20 minutes. I was looking into Goodlettsville, Madison and Hendersonville. But, I am not sure if those areas are too suburban??? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited by countrygirljena; 08-08-2009 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,208,916 times
Given your criteria, you've kind of got a problem. I don't think I'd call any of the areas within a 20-minute commute trendy. Hendersonville would probably be my first choice for you; there might be some area within Hendersonville that would at least work for you. Some of the people here who actually live in Hendersonville will probably have an idea or two for you.

Or you could just accept living in a suburban area, and enjoy the more-or-less trendy areas of Nashville (such as Midtown and "SoBro") on the weekends.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 AM

Default Thanks!

I don't necessarily need trend but some place where I can walk to other areas. Maybe someplace with parks, etc. My most important critera is safety since I will be living alone. Can you recommend any apartment complexes? There are so many its overwhelming.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:57 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,208,916 times
There are some members on here who live in Hendersonville and Goodlettsville who may be able to give you some specific apartment recommendations. I cannot (I live all the way across the county in Bellevue). Maybe some place near Drakes Creek Park or the Indian Lakes area, but I'm not sure. You might want to remove Madison from your list; Madison is a big area and there's some good parts and some not-so-good parts. A new arrival might have a problem knowing which is which in that area.

You wouldn't happen to be going to work for Dollar General in their corporation headquarters, would you? One of my best friends works there.

Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 AM

No State Auto Insurance, I hope. I'm flying down for my final interview in 2 weeks. Thanks for your help!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,028,358 times
I know exactly where the State Auto office is. I would recommend checking out Monthaven Park apartments in Hendersonville. Your commute to work will be less than five minutes. You will have everything you need as far as shopping and restaurants in Hendersonville and the nearby Rivergate area, and Monthaven is located right by the Interstate for a quick 10-mile trip to downtown Nashville.

Just so you know, I'm not affiliated with those apartments in any way, but I've recommended them to several newcomers including my cousin who just got a job teaching at a Catholic school in H'ville. All of them love it there.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:25 AM

Thanks for the info, I will look into thos places. I was looking into Piccadilly Apts of Windsor Green, do you know about them? I'm kind of at the mercy of the market because I will be down to 2 days to view and make a decision. Thanks for all your help!

Old 08-09-2009, 08:31 AM

256 posts, read 888,640 times
here you go some reviews on piccadily Piccadilly Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Goodlettsville apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

and here are some more apt in goodlettsiville area Goodlettsville Apartments for Rent - TN on ApartmentGuide.com

good luck

Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 PM

134 posts, read 680,726 times
Henersonville is really developing...they have a new library and park area amongst other developments.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM

1,432 posts, read 3,842,861 times
You might consider East Nashville/Five Points if you are lookin for something non-suburban. You'd be doing a "reverse" commute to Goodlettsville so you wouldn't have to worry about traffic. That area is very popular among young business professionals and has some great restaurants, bars, and local shops.

Hendersonville would definitely be the safer option. If that's your main concern I would check the Aventura apartments at Indian Lake. They are walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and bars and connect to a great parks and greenway system. It would be about a 5-10 minute commute to Goodlettsville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville