Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 09:24 PM

10 posts, read 18,177 times

Advertisements

Hi, I've been trying to relocate to the Nashville area from the Chattanooga area for months, but I'm finding it impossible to find a job. I'm really looking for an entry level job as I'm very young and don't have much experience. I'd pretty much take anything that isn't sales, but mostly looking for a clerical job, or any job with a fun or creative work environment. I'm beginning to think finding a job so I can relocate is impossible. Anyone know places that are hiring, or good resources for my job hunt? It seems like I've looked everywhere, but I'm open to any advice you might have? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:51 PM

27 posts, read 61,242 times
I'm in the same boat.My wife has an interview with T-moblie and I'm still trying to find something.I've been looking in the medical field because that is what I've been doing,BUT I might have to branch out.I'm trying to go to school and would like to be employed before the semester starts.I'm looking for advice too.

Old 08-05-2009, 03:57 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,036,254 times
Strap on some c-o-jones, get a sales job, and commit to becoming great at it. If you can sell, you are marketable in any economic environment.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:10 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,906,029 times
The job market here is terrible. There only reason I returned was due to an interview with the DCSO. There are TONS of jobs on the Gulf Coast.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 PM

213 posts, read 770,645 times
I was just looking at Gaylord's career website yesterday and they had quite a few openings, some required hotel experience, but some did not, just HS diploma, I believe. Positions at Opryland, The Grand Ole Opry and Wildhorse Saloon if I recall correctly - looked like they might be the fun environment you are seeking.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,962,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
The job market here is terrible. There only reason I returned was due to an interview with the DCSO. There are TONS of jobs on the Gulf Coast.
Welcome Back TNRyan. Are you here to stay?

Old 08-08-2009, 07:07 AM

10 posts, read 48,491 times
There's always Craigslist. Vanderbilt's HR site often has jobs, but of course a lot of them are medical.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:13 PM

Yeah, I look at the Vanderbilt site every day. I've applied to a few jobs there, which I didn't get obviously, but most of their jobs are either medical or require several years of experience, which I don't really have. I haven't checked out the Gaylord site in a while, so I may go there and look around. Thanks. Craigslist kind of scares me. I don't like that most of the listings don't have the name of the company and there's a lot of scams on there, so it makes me a little wary to apply to their listings. Ideally, I'd love to find something toward West Nashville as I have friends that live in that area, near Belle Meade, but I'm getting desperate enough that I'll take pretty much anything anywhere. Thanks for the help guys.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:18 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,232,334 times
Do you have access to a list of corporations and large employers in the Nashville area, gizmo?

Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Do you have access to a list of corporations and large employers in the Nashville area, gizmo?
Well, I have the list of businesses on the Nashville Chamber website under Business Directory, and I have the list of businesses from the Nashville Downtown Partnership website, but those are limited to businesses who are members of the chamber and the downtown partnership. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm job hunting from out of town and having to rely on online job postings, but I'm not sure of what else I can do without living in Nashville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville