Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2009, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,333 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

My husband and I are looking to move from Colorado-- potentially to Nashville. He currently works in the Christian publishing industry and would be looking for something in a similar vein, while I would be looking for something flexible (we're having a baby in October and I don't want to work full-time). We're interested in buying a house when we move to accomodate our growing family. Can anyone recommend neighborhoods that are reasonably priced (taking into consideration our young-couple status) and safe? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 12:52 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,157,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maze_bright View Post
Hey all!

My husband and I are looking to move from Colorado-- potentially to Nashville. He currently works in the Christian publishing industry and would be looking for something in a similar vein, while I would be looking for something flexible (we're having a baby in October and I don't want to work full-time). We're interested in buying a house when we move to accomodate our growing family. Can anyone recommend neighborhoods that are reasonably priced (taking into consideration our young-couple status) and safe? Thanks so much!
Some suggestions. If you are not familiar with Nashville you might want to consider renting for six to twelve months. There are hundreds of neighborhoods that might meet your criteria in Nashville and the surrounding counties. I say might meet your criteria because I don't know what your criteria are. What size home are you looking for? How many bedrooms? How important is convenience to work for your husband? Since he doesn't have a job here yet you may want to wait until he does which will give you a better idea as to what areas to begin looking. What price home are you looking for or what do you consider reasonably priced. Are you pre-approved for a loan? If so, for how much? Have you got your credit scores in good shape so you can take advantage of low interest rates. How long would you expect to be living in a home that you buy? This is important in terms of when your children become school age because some of the schools are much better than others. What community amenities are important to you and your husband?
These are just a few of the questions that you need to answer before we can really help you and before you buy a house. By renting for a year you give yourselves a much better chance of finding a house and location that you don't regret after you've lived there for a short time.
As far as jobs in the Christian publishing industry, I've got good friends that work for Thomas Nelson Publishing and the Methodist Publishing House. Both places have actually been laying people off over the past year so a lot depends on the experience and skills that your husband has in this area.
Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville