Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:05 PM

12 posts, read 24,655 times

Advertisements

Absolutely buy a house in Hermitage, nasvegas! My husband and I live in a great neighborhood near Percy Priest lake. (Hagars Grove subdivision) As a matter of fact, we'd love to sell you our house. :-) (We're moving to California.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 PM

71 posts, read 202,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
There is nothing in Antioch I would remotely recommend. Your personal safety would be greatly compromised.
oh brother... run run the sky is falling... but only in Antioch.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:29 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,628,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vespula View Post
oh brother... run run the sky is falling... but only in Antioch.
Considering that Antioch is what it is, YES!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:15 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kholomon View Post
Hi everyone, I am a recent college grad that just got hired at Dell and will be moving to Nashville very soon. Im not necessarily financially ready for a move but feel as if I need to take this opportunity and get away from Mississippi ASAP. I have been looking at apartments in the area and although I see some cheap ones I dont think I want to commit to anything long term by signing a 12 month lease so I am thinking of subleasing one of these all expenses paid college apts(rent, furnished and all utilities) similar to what i stay in now in the Boro until i can get on my feet and get something i really want closer to work. So my question is would this commute be in the 15-30 min range which i can do or the 45-60 min range which is a little much for a small town guy that hasnt really dealt with traffic before. Is traffic bad in the area? Or do you have suggestions of some near by areas that arent expensive......any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
from lascassas it was 50 minutes door to door @ 2:30 wednesday afternoon

Old 08-17-2009, 03:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 3,905,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilletooc View Post
Absolutely buy a house in Hermitage, nasvegas! My husband and I live in a great neighborhood near Percy Priest lake. (Hagars Grove subdivision) As a matter of fact, we'd love to sell you our house. :-) (We're moving to California.)
why oh why would you do something like that?actually everybody is coming here from Cali..you must be wealthy or won the lottery...

Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 PM

144 posts, read 465,716 times
Madison over Antioch for a commute to Dell? There are plenty of nice, safe areas in Antioch. Frankly, a lot of "Antioch" that gets a bad reputation isn't even Antioch, but Nashville 37211 or 37217.

However, to the OP, I just want to let you know I know many people who worked at Dell, did really well, and were laid off. This is not just during the recent economic climate, but since Dell moved here. Many of those people were doing so well and were due large bonus checks (which do not have to be paid to the person after they leave) when they were let go. The turnover is really high there. The Nashville job market is doing a lot better than other areas, but just make sure to have savings in place if you happen to find yourself between jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville