Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 06:57 PM

25 posts, read 62,616 times

Advertisements

hahaha you guys are crazy lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,957,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by havingahardtime View Post
I've applied everywhere (a bit of an exaggeration of course, but it feels like it).

I've sent my resume into temp agencies/contract houses as well. I heard back from one - asking when I would be in the area because they wanted to do an interview. I responded that I do not have a planned vacation down there, but would be willing to make the trip whenever it is convenient with them. Apparently I must have said something wrong because I never heard back... even sent another email a week later asking if there was anything on my end or if there was a time that would be best for them. Nothing.

So my frustration continues...

I've put a "savings plan" into effect so that if I don't get a job through searching while living up here, then I at least have enough saved up for a couple months rent and can move down with a Tennessee address and work bartending/waitress/something (like someone suggested) until I get a stable job and have a backup if anything goes wrong.

I'm just so sick of Michigan and would love to get out of here asap!
Do what I used to do...

Change your cell phone number to a 615 area code.

Go on the MLS and find a house that's for sell in the area and just use that address. It's not like they're going to mail you stuff..

Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM

16,185 posts, read 32,709,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Do what I used to do...

Go on the MLS and find a house that's for sell in the area and just use that address. It's not like they're going to mail you stuff..
If I found out that an applicant lied about their address, or any part of their application, I would question their integrity and honesty.

If you want a local address I suggest renting a mailbox at a UPS or Postnet type store. They have actual street addresses with those.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:17 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,957,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
If I found out that an applicant lied about their address, or any part of their application, I would question their integrity and honesty.

If you want a local address I suggest renting a mailbox at a UPS or Postnet type store. They have actual street addresses with those.
IF you found out.

Have you tried to rent a mailbox from out of state ?

I tried to rent a mailbox in Houston for the exact same reason and they told me I had to have 2 forms of I.D. with a Texas address on it.

That kind of defeated the purpose.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:06 PM

863 posts, read 1,651,568 times
Quote:
IF you found out.

Have you tried to rent a mailbox from out of state ?

I tried to rent a mailbox in Houston for the exact same reason and they told me I had to have 2 forms of I.D. with a Texas address on it.

That kind of defeated the purpose.
Must be Texas. When went down to Kentucky for a house hunting trip, all we had were Iowa I.D.s. Just told the place that we were moving down before the date my hubby reported to work, were house hunting, and wanted an address to be able to forward our mail to. No problem getting a box at UPS, which gave us a street address, not a PO Box address. Did not have to "prove" he had a job. Just had to show our Iowa I.D. to prove we were who we said we were.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Do what I used to do...

Then what would I do when someone called to schedule an interview?? haha
While it may be easy to fly down there for the day (as long as you have the day off work and there are renter cars available and open seats), it most certainly isn't cheap. Oh, and driving isn't a good option either - 10 hour drive from here to there.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 PM

957 posts, read 3,717,364 times
Don't lie on a resume. The info on your resume is easy enough for a perspective employer to verify. Some even do a basic background search prior to scheduling an interview. If things don't match, you either have to own up to making up an address or lie more to cover the first one. Considering the number of resumes they have to consider, don't give them an excuse to drop yours in the trash.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossc View Post
Don't lie on a resume. The info on your resume is easy enough for a perspective employer to verify. Some even do a basic background search prior to scheduling an interview. If things don't match, you either have to own up to making up an address or lie more to cover the first one. Considering the number of resumes they have to consider, don't give them an excuse to drop yours in the trash.

I totally agree - it's not worth it. If they are taking the time to check me out, then I do not want them to have ANY reason to toss my resume!

Old 05-14-2009, 11:32 AM

3 posts, read 10,559 times
go to verizonwireless.com, careers, pick your state and city and apply on line, murfreesboro is a great place. I have an apartment you can rent nearby.

Old 05-14-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landlady88 View Post
go to verizonwireless.com, careers, pick your state and city and apply on line, murfreesboro is a great place. I have an apartment you can rent nearby.

I've already applied there. haha

Seriously, I told you guys - I feel like I've applied everywhere.

I do thank you for the suggestion though!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville