Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2007, 02:33 PM

2 posts, read 9,489 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to Franklin this spring and we are planning to lease a home in Montpier Farms, off of Old Hilsboro and Natchez Trace roads. My daughter rides horses, and we love the area and also the great downtown part of Franklin. Haven't visited Leiper's Fork yet! I asked a realtor where he would move if he were bringing his kids into Williamson County, and he said, without a doubt, Ravenwood was the best high school, being the newest and least crowded. He said that Franklin has classes of 33 kids!! So now I am wondering if we would be better to lease a home in the Brentwood/Nolensville area. The homes and schools there are brand new and very nice, which is what we have here in Dublin, Ohio, so that would seem comfortable and familiar. But at the same time, Frankllin seems so charming and quaint, which is what we really want. Should I worry that much about the schools or are they all good?

Robin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
kar

179 posts, read 753,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseebound View Post
My family is relocating to Franklin this spring and we are planning to lease a home in Montpier Farms, off of Old Hilsboro and Natchez Trace roads. My daughter rides horses, and we love the area and also the great downtown part of Franklin. Haven't visited Leiper's Fork yet! I asked a realtor where he would move if he were bringing his kids into Williamson County, and he said, without a doubt, Ravenwood was the best high school, being the newest and least crowded. He said that Franklin has classes of 33 kids!! So now I am wondering if we would be better to lease a home in the Brentwood/Nolensville area. The homes and schools there are brand new and very nice, which is what we have here in Dublin, Ohio, so that would seem comfortable and familiar. But at the same time, Frankllin seems so charming and quaint, which is what we really want. Should I worry that much about the schools or are they all good?

Robin
Hi Robin-
You can't go wrong with any of the schools in Williamson County. We have lived in a number of states and far as we can tell the school system is top of the line. Even though we don't have children in school (empty nesters) all of our neighbors just have nothing but good things to say about the schools here.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:52 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Robin-

We're looking to move into a home zoned for Ravenwood or Brentwood before our daughter starts high school. Centennial, Page, Independence and Franklin are good too, though. Honestly, it's just a matter of choice. You will find people from every high school who swear up and down that their school is superior to all the others.

One thing you might think about is the roads your new driver will be using. There are some great subdivisions way out on Concord, but the drive on that road is treacherous.

Good luck!

Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 AM

1 posts, read 4,225 times
Default How did your move go

Hello,
I was just reading your post from 2006...did everything turn out as you wanted? What is your opinion on the schools now? We are looking to move next summer to Franklin area and are trying to figure out where to move to. Our daughter will be a sophomore by then and know it is going to be tough to make the switch.

Thanks, Brenda

Old 05-16-2009, 06:31 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Brenda- Hope your moves goes well. Wiliamson County is a great place to live. I hope we get an update from Robin too.

Also,we decided not to move after all, and our daughter LOVES Centennial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville