Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 3,199 times

Advertisements

Hi, interested in moving to Nashville metro area, and I need some info. (1) what hospitals are highly recommended--I have 9+years experience as a med/surg nurse, prefer Neuro/Ortho. (2)what hospitals has the best pay/benefits. (2)what areas should I look at for real estate--for a single 33 yr old female who enjoy fine arts, shopping, photography, museums, etc, etc. Thanks.

niser
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,218,216 times
(1) There are several top-rated hospitals. Some of the larger and best: Vanderbilt Medical Center, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital, Baptist, St. Thomas, Centennial.

(2) I have no clue. With your specialty, I would think either Vanderbilt or Baptist first.

(3) Look in the west side of town, in what the real estate people call Area 2. This includes the areas around Vanderbilt, Hillsboro Village, West End, Green Hills, Belmont, West Meade, Bellevue. I would usually say wait until you find a job before deciding on what area to live (assuming you're renting); but with your list of wants, the west side is right for you.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,157,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niser76 View Post
Hi, interested in moving to Nashville metro area, and I need some info. (1) what hospitals are highly recommended--I have 9+years experience as a med/surg nurse, prefer Neuro/Ortho. (2)what hospitals has the best pay/benefits. (2)what areas should I look at for real estate--for a single 33 yr old female who enjoy fine arts, shopping, photography, museums, etc, etc. Thanks.

niser
You have got several options. I would suggest you look at the four largest hospitals in Nashville. Vanderbilt, a large teaching hospital, is one. Great reputation and the full range of services. The only potential downside might be its pay since there might be some trade off with pay since you would be working at "Vanderbilt". I've seen this at many first class teaching hospitals. The other ones are Baptist Hospital(non proprietary), St. Thomas Hospital(non proprietary), and Centennial Medical Center(proprietary). Baptist and St. Thomas are owned by the same organization. Centennial is owned by Hospital Corporation of America. Vanderbilt is licensed for 832 beds, Baptist is licensed for 683 beds, St. Thomas is licensed for 541 beds, and Centennial is licensed for 635 beds.
As far as areas for real estate it will primarily depend on what you want to spend, community amenities you desire, and travel time to work. Also, are you looking for a house, a townhouse, or a condo? Older or newer? How much land? Based on the few items of interest you indicated a couple of areas that might be of interest would be the Green Hills, Belmont, and Hillsboro Village areas. All are within 15 minutes of the above four hospitals, convenient to major shopping, and convenient to various arts venues. Moderator cut: cut

Last edited by Beretta; 12-28-2008 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: see DM

Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,031,559 times
I'm pretty sure that Vanderbilt's pay is in line with the other hospitals in Nashville. And their benefits rival the best you can find anywhere. If you're a nurse with 9 years experience, you'll have an overwhelming number of options in Nashville. My recommendation is to check out all the big hospitals and decide which would be a good "fit."

Old 12-30-2008, 10:08 PM

274 posts, read 762,238 times
That is good to hear in case I can make it that way in the future...I am a nurse as well and have 12 years experience..Yay..Thanks Pimpy! Good luck OP...I bet you love Nashville and will find a great job...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville