Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 AM

764 posts, read 2,550,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
Mary_Moon, thanks for the site on the asian lady bettles. That's exactly what I have. I wanted some fresh air in the bedroom but finally had to close the windows. I sprayed Home Defense around the windows which only stopped them for 5 minutes. I'm going to try Avon's Skin So Soft oil I have in a spray bottle to see if that stops them. It did help with little bugs this summer. The only bushes we have are in the front of the house and there are none of them there. They all seem to be located on our bedroom windows only, not any of the other windows in that area of the house.

We have some wasps again. I have seen a couple of the red ones which I know are the bad ones. In the summer we sprayed Yard Guard before we went out.
You're most welcome. Hubby vacuumed up a ton of them out of his upstairs office/Man Cave and said as soon as came back from emptying the vac. container, there were about 50 more on his ceiling! Aaack! Fortunately, I have a head cold and can't smell them, but hubby said they really reek!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 10:13 PM

113 posts, read 383,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Barb I guess we are lucky ain't got em (YET)...

But we do have Wasps (not as bad as the summer months) and I like the other hate them little suckers. I have built made a couple of the Wasp traps out of 2 Liter Soda Bottles but I don't know where to put the bait? Here is what they look like.. How to Make a Wasp Trap - wikiHow Calicouple our house is just like yours and like you we are from California also. We had Wasps is Calif but not like the ones heres. The ones here seem to be more aggressive unlike our laid-back ones there..
Thanks for the website LeeB You're right! No wasps like the ones in California. Oh the good old days! LOL LOL

Old 11-03-2008, 10:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
sorry about the house, but ladybugs are good news, they eat bugs.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:57 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,282,099 times
I usually agree with ladybugs being good, but these are Asian Lady Beetles that look identicle to ladybugs.

I kept everything closed yesterday and still got 4 in my bathroom. I'm now on constant ceiling lookout.

Old 11-04-2008, 07:42 AM

450 posts, read 1,504,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
I usually agree with ladybugs being good, but these are Asian Lady Beetles that look identicle to ladybugs.

I kept everything closed yesterday and still got 4 in my bathroom. I'm now on constant ceiling lookout.
That will be good for your posture....
Stand up straight and head up..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville