Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 AM

2 posts, read 10,148 times

Advertisements

Just bought property in Woodbury. We currently live in Florida. I am looking for any information about the area. I have a daughter that will be in grade 6 and need school information. What I really would love if anybody out there has any is pictures of Woodbury. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 07:38 AM

13,390 posts, read 40,255,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andread340 View Post
Just bought property in Woodbury. We currently live in Florida. I am looking for any information about the area. I have a daughter that will be in grade 6 and need school information. What I really would love if anybody out there has any is pictures of Woodbury. Thanks...
Didn't you already ask this?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...fo-please.html

Old 09-19-2008, 07:43 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,972,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
You beat me to the punch JMT. I was about to type the samething.

This is all I could find on the area. There are a couple of pics here.
https://www.city-data.com/city/Woodbury-Tennessee.html

Try photobucket or flickr and type in Woodbury TN in the search field, you might find pictures people have taken of the area.

Last edited by Kim918; 09-19-2008 at 08:25 AM..

Old 09-19-2008, 08:06 AM

286 posts, read 1,236,150 times
I lived in that area for a few years and know that alot of families used to homeschool. The folks in the Woodbury area are very tight knit and I would recommend joining a local church or community group to get the inside "scoop" as to what folks are doing these days. Woodbury has a great little town center, too. If you need more information about the area, pls. feel free to DM me. Take care!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:25 AM

1,293 posts, read 5,029,050 times
Just curious.....you've already bought property there sight unseen and you're just now looking for information on the area - including something as critical as school information? Why? I'm not being critical of your decision, I'm just interested in why someone would do that. You're certainly WAY more adventurous that I am!

Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,499,715 times
I moved here from Florida too, 2 and a half years ago. As bad as things were in Florida when we moved, had we not been able to come up to visit, we would have bought sight unseen too. Unless you've lived in some areas of Florida, you really don't understand.

My kids were in classrooms where the student to teacher ratio was approaching 50 to 1. It was out of control. All the drug dealers / growers and gang bangers were coming over from Miami and buying homes all around us. We had child molesters all over the place. DUI was out of control. It was a horrible place to raise a family.

Before we came to visit I did tons of research on the internet about the areas we were looking at in general. So I had some knowledge, but that's nothing compared to talking to someone who's actually there. I understand the OPs questions and the moving sight unseen thing.

Anyway, I drive through Woodbury every day going to and from work. I'd be more than happy to take some pictures for you. I just got a new camera and I've been dying to use it anyway!!

As for what it's like - stinking adorable!! I love it there. Have since the first time we drove through. The courthouse is so cute. And they are trying to bring some life back into the little 'town square'. They have farmers markets in the courthouse parking lot monthly. I've seen several parades there. And they are strong in their faith and their dedication to their country. Hubby and I try to get out there once a month to do the farmers market and hit the big antique 'barn' as we call it.

Can't help when it comes to schools, but depending on where you're moving from, it can't be much worse than areas down there, ya know?

Feel free to drop me a private message and I'll get in contact with you. Let me go through some of my photos. I know I have one picture of an old Victorian that's on the corner down there that I've always loved.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 PM

5,244 posts, read 16,499,715 times
Here ya go. I posted this a while back, but it's got that picture of the house in Woodbury in it. Last photo on my post I think......

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tenne...ml#post2283585
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: