Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 10,074 times

Advertisements

I have recently purchased a peice of property in Woodbury off Hollow Springs Rd, and I would like to see more pictures of the area to try and see what the area around our land looks like.

We arer looking to relocate, we have purchased property on Hollow Springs Rd, How are the schools we'll be moving with our 10-or 11 YO daughter by the time we do relocate. Is there any Gyms that have competitive cheerleading, Hows the job market for RN or 911 Dispatching or Facility coordinator positions. Any info is appreciated

Last edited by Beretta; 09-14-2008 at 09:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2008, 04:13 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andread340 View Post
I have recently purchased a peice of property in Woodbury off Hollow Springs Rd, and I would like to see more pictures of the area to try and see what the area around our land looks like.

We arer looking to relocate, we have purchased property on Hollow Springs Rd, How are the schools we'll be moving with our 10-or 11 YO daughter by the time we do relocate. Is there any Gyms that have competitive cheerleading, Hows the job market for RN or 911 Dispatching or Facility coordinator positions. Any info is appreciated
Let me make sure I understand. You bought property in Woodbury but have never been there? You plan on moving there but know nothing about the job market or the schools? If you don't mind my asking, why exactly did you buy property there?

There's info and pics of Woodbury at its city-data page. You can check out school info at greatschools.net.

Woodbury is a very small town but is within fairly easy commuting distance to booming Murfreesboro. If you don't mind a bit of a drive you shouldn't have any problems getting a job in Murfreesboro.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:08 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
JMT, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is really anything in Woodbury, is there? You would have to come into Murfreesboro for everything.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
JMT, correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is really anything in Woodbury, is there? You would have to come into Murfreesboro for everything.
Yeah I'm sure people in Woodbury go to Murfreesboro for a lot of things. There's not even a Wal-Mart in Woodbury although I'm sure there are a couple of grocery stores and Dollar Generals. I've only been to Woodbury a couple of times, and it's a nice little town but you're right, there's not much there. The road to Murfreesboro is a nice, wide, four-lane highway.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:43 PM

634 posts, read 1,419,409 times
I was raised there. Dad was a cop there about 25 or 26 years.Growing up we didn't go to the Boro more than 5 times in ten years.

Here in Alexandria, we only have just over 800 folks here total,,,way way way smaller than Woodbury, and we never go to the Boro, and only my wife goes to Lebanon on count of her job there. Only time we go to the Boro is if the kids have a ballgame there.Small towns are great, they have all you need to get by unless you want to dress like Hollywood.

In Woodbury about all you need is a good horse to fit in nicely. Here is the town square in the heart of Woodbury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMhz9...eature=related

4X4 trucks are a pluss to, pure country folks, even a barbwire fence for the folks to stand behind and watch the bog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-qJQ...eature=related

ATV's ? No problem, theres all sorts of fun in Cannon county.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP3Q6PxY7ww

Last edited by RS-1080; 09-14-2008 at 11:07 PM..

Old 09-15-2008, 09:26 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,959,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-1080 View Post
I was raised there. Dad was a cop there about 25 or 26 years.Growing up we didn't go to the Boro more than 5 times in ten years.

Here in Alexandria, we only have just over 800 folks here total,,,way way way smaller than Woodbury, and we never go to the Boro, and only my wife goes to Lebanon on count of her job there. Only time we go to the Boro is if the kids have a ballgame there.Small towns are great, they have all you need to get by unless you want to dress like Hollywood.

In Woodbury about all you need is a good horse to fit in nicely. Here is the town square in the heart of Woodbury

YouTube - CCWHA 2008 Labor Day Ride

4X4 trucks are a pluss to, pure country folks, even a barbwire fence for the folks to stand behind and watch the bog.

YouTube - Ivy Bluff Mud Bog August 30, 2008

ATV's ? No problem, theres all sorts of fun in Cannon county.

YouTube - Robinson Ridge Quads
What type of shopping is there? Aside from gricery stores.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,522 times
Welcome to Cannon County Andrea! 16.5 year resident, married to a home town girl, who happens to be in the education system.

Woodbury is definitely a cottage town, but where you have bought is almost as close to Manchester as it is to Woodbury, so don't let anyone fool you on the area. I lived on Hollow Springs for a year while our home was being constructed in the heart of Woodbury (in all the hills :-)).

We have plenty to do locally, but from where you are, you are a 30 minute drive to Murfreesboro through Bradyville Pike that is not but a few miles from Hollow Springs, as well as about 15 minutes from Manchester.

The town center of Woodbury has some very quaint shops with a lot of locally owned businesses. We aren't a downtown Franklin by no means, but very inviting with more restaurants (fast food mostly) than you can eat at in a weeks time. We have a Drive-Inn theater!! Not many places can say that. We have recently become the newest town with the Auto Zone, O'Reilley's, NAPA wars and will have all three in just a few months, but no Wal Mart - thank goodness. Between the Piggly Wiggly, Bi-Rite, Dollar General Market, Eckerd, Family Dollar, and other local venues, you really don't HAVE to leave Woodbury, but a lot will choose to. With Manchester being so close, you also have a lot of sit-down restaurants (by the way, the Red Barn close to you has the absolute best burgers), Wal-Mart, the interstate, and several businesses (and yes there is a Starbucks and a Waffle House). You can also make a 15 minute further drive (but about the same distance as Murfreesboro) and be in Tullahoma, another excitedly growing retail and housing area.

As for the 911 dispatch jobs, there is a BRAND NEW comms center about 5 miles from you, but it is probably already fully staffed. Again, I would suggest Manchester. There is a new hospital being built in Murfreesboro to replace the aging Middle Tennessee Medical Center and from what I have seen it is going to be HUGE. We also have a local hospital in Woodbury, as well as two in Manchester, and one in Tullahoma (where I was born :-)).

Schools? Your child will be at Woodland, which is definitely one of the better schools in the county as it is smaller and a lot of welcoming family.

Although the area you bought in is typically a farm and poorer area, you are in one of the prettiest areas of the county.

Good luck to you in your relocate.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Go to the Google homepage Google.

In the top left hand corner click on IMAGES.

When the Images Search box comes up type in: Woodbury TN

Then hit Search Images to see photos of the town. (Click on the ones that interest you.)

I don't know the town so I don't know if those photos are near your property but it's a start.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Thumbs up Good Music

RS - 1080 : Guess he was serious about a HORSE in that town ! LIke your music . Guess that was Orange Blossum Special - Fiddle feature & Banjo /
.. . ATV stuff is good with "Foggy Mtn Breakdown " - The Bonnie & Clyde song .? . For a grandfather I dont do too bad in the backyard.
. Son had nice snowmobile network in Maine , Aug.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,259 times
Talking Ex Real Estate Agent

Quote:

Hollow Springs Road: Flat nice land. Best thing to do is go on a real estate site and type in Hollow Springs Road or do a google street view.

Schools: Excellent. Especially Woodland, where your child would be attending if in the k-8th grade.

Gyms that have competitive cheerleading? No

Job market: always good for RN's. 911 Dispatching facility: small, put in application if you are interested in job. Facility Coordinator: for what?

Place to go for Cannon County news: [url=http://www.cannonwire.com]Cannon Wire[/url]

Lots of good pictures and local news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville