Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 09:03 AM

270 posts, read 797,461 times

Advertisements

Not sure if I spelled the restaurant right but has anyone been to those places? What are they like? I have been invited out for a birthday there and the friends I asked have never been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 09:18 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,037,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irreplaceable View Post
Not sure if I spelled the restaurant right but has anyone been to those places? What are they like? I have been invited out for a birthday there and the friends I asked have never been.
What is Bar23 like? It's like about to be gone. They're closing their doors on Halloween night and apparently an Urban Outfitters will open in its place.

Personally, I was never impressed with it and am not sorry to see it go. Too many metrosexuals carrying themselves like they have something to prove. It's a lot less fun trying to meet girls when some gelled-hair tool keeps butting in to brag about his Mercedes. I could have a Mercedes too if I chose to foolishly dump all my income into a depreciating asset.

Give me a karaoke bar with some down-to-earth folk just wanting to hang out and have a good time, and keep your "trendy" nightspots and Heather Byrd.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
What is Bar23 like? It's like about to be gone. They're closing their doors on Halloween night and apparently an Urban Outfitters will open in its place.

Personally, I was never impressed with it and am not sorry to see it go. Too many metrosexuals carrying themselves like they have something to prove. It's a lot less fun trying to meet girls when some gelled-hair tool keeps butting in to brag about his Mercedes. I could have a Mercedes too if I chose to foolishly dump all my income into a depreciating asset.

Give me a karaoke bar with some down-to-earth folk just wanting to hang out and have a good time, and keep your "trendy" nightspots and Heather Byrd.
LOL Well now I know its gonna be a crappy night! I don't like those places either Pimpy. Maybe me and you should meet up at a karaoke bar instead. Thanks for the realistic response. God I hate hair gel and popped polo collars!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:56 AM

297 posts, read 1,079,773 times
I'm originally from NYC, and think Nashville needs more places like Sambuca and BarTwenty3. The dive bars and honky tonks are fun too, but I'd like to see more trendy restaurants and lounges. It's a shame that Lay'la Rul recently closed. Lime is my new favorite restaurant in town.

But to answer your question, Sambuca has good food and has a pretty decent scene. Remember though, it's still a chain. I've been to BarTwenty3 only once, and was dissapointed with the crowd. I thought it was trashy Nashvilleans trying to dress up for a night on the town. Perhaps, back when it first opened, it was better.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:51 PM

1,109 posts, read 2,963,414 times
I have never been to bar 23, but I loved Sambuca. The food and atmosphere were great. I would go back anytime. I really enjoyed it. They had a live band too and the music was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irreplaceable View Post

Old 09-10-2008, 03:57 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,838,351 times
Quote:
God I hate hair gel and popped polo collars!

Ah ha ha ha! Me too!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,340,732 times
I thought this was gonna be about the drink Sambucha and I clicked so hard I sprained my wrist.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
I thought this was gonna be about the drink Sambucha and I clicked so hard I sprained my wrist.
LOL Sorry my post caused injury!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:12 PM

187 posts, read 624,098 times
Besides Lime..you might want to check out Virago's. I tend to like a more laid back atmosphere so I prefer places like South Street, Sam's in the Village or the Corner Pub. If you like jazz type bars...go to F Scotts in Green Hills.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 PM

195 posts, read 525,808 times
Nice thread! Please put up more posts about nashville bars and your experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville