Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 12:34 PM

26 posts, read 53,493 times

Advertisements

Hello. I'm new. Moving to the Nashville area. I'm look at the Hendersonville/Gallatin area. I've been seeing ads for Stone Cottage Villas Moderator cut: cut. These are new town/duplex homes. Its off of Hartsville Pike, after Cairo Rd. The appear to be located on a new road, cottage dr. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on these homes or the area in which they are located.

Last edited by Beretta; 08-19-2008 at 06:47 PM.. Reason: deleted real estate company name
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 11:56 AM

97 posts, read 376,530 times
Very safe area! Children friendly and nice homes. Quiet neighborhood. You can DM me if you need additional information.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,235 times
Default Stone Cottage Villas

New member and first time post. I have also been looking at stone cottage villas and was wondering if anyone has moved in there and how was there experience.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,540 times
I have friends that live there and they really enjoy it. Large, spacious and excellent price for what you are getting. Maintenance is a little slow

Old 06-13-2010, 11:58 PM

4 posts, read 14,546 times
I would not rent from TLEC Services or at Stone Cottage Villas for several reasons. Some of them have to do with the way the homes are built, other reasons are the way management handles things, and the rest are about the area in general.

I lived there from 08/2009 until 03/2010 and was forced to leave because I had a violent neighbor that was harassing and threatening me. Since nothing was done by management or law enforcement, I took into consideration the other down sides, I left with the whole mess still unresolved. In general, this guy was an idiot, drunk all the time and would essentially stalk me and hang around outside at night. I had to call the police and they ended up making excuses for him. No doubt since I was new to the area or some such. This leads into the next consideration, the people on the other side (This guy was in the building next to ours.) that share a wall with my unit, were just as bad. They'd pound on the walls which were thin, slam cupboards and doors in the kitchen sometimes repeatedly for 5 hours. They'd also do the same at 5am when they went to work. Again, another form of hostility and even attempting to say hello to either of those people had them stare back at me as though I was a leper. The manager did the same thing after renting to me one day as she drove by I waved and she was no doubt now too important to even acknowledge I was alive.

The homes are built in 2006, so they are 4 years old, mine needed painting in many places and she claimed it was being done before I got there, it was not. Other concerns besides the hostile neighbors and other nonsense (I have to think she put me in this unit so this guy could give me a hard time but that is another story but at this point it seems obvious she planned this based on her odd commentary and dishonesty when I signed the lease.) are:

Units have no basement or crawlspace and are built right on top of a concrete pad. As a result, they are COLD in the winter since you can NEVER get that thing warm. There is too much heat sink into the ground and your feet and legs will freeze. The pad cracks and you'll have a daily supply of fresh earwigs and millipedes that come out of the woodwork in the warmer months. Not fun at all.

The furnace and AC are in the attic, with blown in insulation of the fiberglass type. The in ceiling filters are not installed properly and the air box up there is not either. As a result, it picks up insulation fluff from behind the filter and blows it through the heat exchanger into the living space. I began to get headaches and had other problems from breathing the fiberglass dust. It is NOT pleasant.

The ductwork and other things are essentially exposed to outdoor temperatures and in the winter the ducts will cool to a VERY cold temperature. With that, they start a convection process that will have freezing cold air drop out of the ceiling vents onto you when you sleep, or into the other rooms. Unless you want to run the heat all the time and breathe in the now warmed and more reactive fiberglass powder to keep warm. Again, not very nice.

The homes look nice, the area has some up side, but I'd say with the health concerns and other problems you are basically paying a mortgage to rent. You could probably purchase the duplex itself for what you pay in rent for only 1/2 of it. It was not worth it for the long haul and with the other things I found out, I'd NOT live there AT ALL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville