Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:57 AM

107 posts, read 267,079 times

Advertisements

HAPPY WEEKEND everybody!!!

I haven't been on in awhile and wanted to let everyone know that I GOT a job finally!!! YAY!!!!! Boy, has it really changed my mood! LOL!!

BUT- I was STUNNED at all the traffic. I work in Franklin and as all of you know live in Murfreesboro. I take 24 to 840 and then get on 65. 840 is BEAUTIFUL and such a relaxing drive compared to MI but then when I got on 65, WOUSHA!!!!! Someone told me about 96. I took 96 to 840 to see if there was a difference but 96 was backed up as well. I understand all of this is because it's rush hour. So my question is- is it normal here to have a commute that takes over an hour???? Being from MI, I am used to all the traffic but there does seem to be more here and ALOT of people work in Franklin. I went to Wal-mart off of Cool Springs on my lunch and had to go back because I wasn't going to make it! LOL!! There is SO MUCH traffic in that area, it's not even funny! Does anyone have any advice or maybe some sides roads I can take?????

Thanks for all of your help once again!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRRB2008 View Post
HAPPY WEEKEND everybody!!!

I haven't been on in awhile and wanted to let everyone know that I GOT a job finally!!! YAY!!!!! Boy, has it really changed my mood! LOL!!

BUT- I was STUNNED at all the traffic. I work in Franklin and as all of you know live in Murfreesboro. I take 24 to 840 and then get on 65. 840 is BEAUTIFUL and such a relaxing drive compared to MI but then when I got on 65, WOUSHA!!!!! Someone told me about 96. I took 96 to 840 to see if there was a difference but 96 was backed up as well. I understand all of this is because it's rush hour. So my question is- is it normal here to have a commute that takes over an hour???? Being from MI, I am used to all the traffic but there does seem to be more here and ALOT of people work in Franklin. I went to Wal-mart off of Cool Springs on my lunch and had to go back because I wasn't going to make it! LOL!! There is SO MUCH traffic in that area, it's not even funny! Does anyone have any advice or maybe some sides roads I can take?????

Thanks for all of your help once again!!!

I don't think there really are any. I'm not that sure about Murfreesboro, but when I used to try to take the "back way" to Columbia or to Nashville, I wound up more frustrated than just sitting on the expressway. You have Nolensville road, Murfreesboro road... and on the other side, Franklin Road and 431 (can't remember what they call it, ha). Basically, unlike some other places, where there's a well planned grid, here there's only three or four "main" thoroughfares that aren't 65 or 24 that run south, so anyone trying to take a shortcut are all taking the same roads anyway, clogging things up even worse.

I really have no advice except to swallow a huge cup of patience in the morning and before you leave work.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:34 AM

103 posts, read 334,981 times
Or leave about an hour earlier...

Old 06-14-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watertown Gal View Post
Or leave about an hour earlier...

I work till 5 (the worst time to leave). If I left at 4, I think I would be fine. I guess I just have to get used to it!

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:20 PM

113 posts, read 343,362 times
I have notice there is quite a bit of traffic around here but I never been to Franklin. I was looking in the Franklin area too so this is all good to know!

Old 06-14-2008, 07:59 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
I don't know of any time of day that traffic in the Cool Springs/Franklin area is flowing freely. I worked over off Seaboard Lane 10 years ago which was before the Sam's Club, Wal-Mart and movie theater corridor was built up and the traffic was a nightmare then. I've not been thru there at rush hour since I stopped working and I can't imagine how ghastly it is now!

The only other way I know to get to the area other than 840 or 96 is to take 96 and turn right onto 252/Wilson Pike Circle over to Moores Lane East. I haven't traveled that route in years so it may be clogged as well.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:13 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary_Moon View Post
I don't know of any time of day that traffic in the Cool Springs/Franklin area is flowing freely.
2 am on a Sunday night.

Old 06-15-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
2 Am On A Sunday Night. :d

Ha Ha Ha!!!! :d :d :d :d

Old 06-15-2008, 02:36 PM

1 posts, read 2,181 times
The other name for the Interstates here ="the Indi 500!!! WE alll drive like Bats out of H...youknowwhere...DON'T DO "RUSH HOUR" I live in the oppisite way of travfic,so I'm goin'in when "y'll are going out...WOODBINE...ILOVE NASHVILLE,Southern Hosptality is for REAL!!!

Old 06-15-2008, 09:35 PM

764 posts, read 2,548,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
2 Am On A Sunday Night. :d
Lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville