Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2007, 11:17 PM

2 posts, read 7,313 times

Advertisements

Hi,

There is the possibility that I will be attending Vanderbilt University for graduate school. I will be coming with my fiance, and we are looking for good areas to live where we could either rent or buy a home. I've gone through many of the threads (just found the website today), and am interested in several areas, but we would need to look somewhere affordable, safe and within 1/2 hour of the university in any direction; we do not really need to be in downtown Nashville.

Also, what is a low to mid range priced home in TN? All I know is that it has to be more affordable to live than CA.

Thank you in advance for any help,
Steven

Last edited by KingMeander; 01-05-2007 at 11:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 12:31 PM

13 posts, read 48,377 times
"Also, what is a low to mid range priced home in TN? All I know is that it has to be more affordable to live than CA."

That's a trick question. It all depends on what you consider low and mid range and what level of amenities, etc., you are used to. You can get a house in Nashville for $120k. There are probably lower prices than that that are reasonably safe but I doubt it. Mid range could be anywhere from 250k to 400k but that might be high for you or low for you.

Probably a better thing to do to get the best help here is to state what your range realistically is. Let people know what your ideal price would be too. Let people know what you need nearby in terms of services, and whether or not you want it to be your house after you graduate or if you are most likely going to move again. Do you want new or old? Do you want to be in a neighborhood or the country.

I'll give you everything I have if you narrow down your needs just a little more.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 PM

2 posts, read 7,313 times
Default Some more information

I suppose I should have thought of putting some of that information in prior. In any case, I will put it here.

I would like to keep the house under 150K. I know that may seem like a tight operating budget, however; I do not mind HUD homes or other sorts of fixer upers...well, so long as they have four walls and a roof. So that should open up that part of the market. The only thing about location is that I would like it to be within 1/2 hour of Vanderbilt university and in a safe location where I would feel comfortable raising a family should I choose to stay in that house after grad school.

I know it's not a lot of information, but I was more curious about location more than the house at the moment.

If you want me to try to be more specific, I suppose I could. Details are 6 months away still.

Thanks for your help
Steven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville