Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2008, 10:29 AM

56 posts, read 147,775 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am looking for a good holistic MD or DO and was wondering if anybody knows anything about or has seen Dr. Bernui? His website is Restore You, The Center for Restortative Medicine. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 11:06 AM

Hi - anybody have any input on this? If not Dr. Bernui, are there any other holistic/alternative MDs, NDs, or DOs in Nashville someone can recommend. Dr. Reisman was recommended but I am not crazy about the lab he uses for hormone testing.

What I really need is someone who can help me with balancing my hormones using bioidentical creams and/or sublinguals. I would prefer a woman since I believe they can relate better to what PMS can do to you, but would be ok with a man as long as he has some semblance of empathy and understanding.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
Kristina

Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 9,295 times
Default Alternative doctor

I heard that Gilbert Bazaldua, M.D. is really good. He specializes in Natural Hormonal Replacement and is just north of Nashville in Whitehouse, TN.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:57 PM

1 posts, read 9,227 times
A friend highly recommended me to Dr. Mark Calarco he's in the cool springs/franklin area. His clinic is called emp health. Anyway he helped my friend and me. I was having early hormonal issues. Feeling tired, gainng weight, feeling like I wanted everyone was getting on my nerves all the time. I just could'nt figure it out....and my traditional doctors could not help me. I seriously was getting depressed. Well I feel like a new woman after seeing him and mostly like myself thankfully! Sorry to rant on. I hope you find what you're looking for he's very kind and know's what he's doing. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:57 PM

150 posts, read 441,314 times
Check out this website: DrGoode

I recently moved here from Raleigh, NC and I found Dr. Beverly Goode when I lived there. I had a very negative visit with an OB/GYN that I had been going to for about 20 years. I was also having hormonal issues. A friend suggested that I attend a talk given by Dr. Goode on hormones. I was impressed. It took me a little over 2 months to get an appointment with her but it was worth the wait.

For all but about 20 minutes of that three hours I was with Dr. Goode or a member of her staff. I think that she spent at least an hour and a half with me. Totally unheard of in traditional medicine. It was a very thorough visit. My OB wanted me to have a hysterectomy and I was totally against that. I am now on natural progesterone. She has it made to her spefications at a compounding pharmacy (I was really impressed with the pharmacist that owned this place too). And, I am now taking an estrogen test. But, I am doing great.

Dr. Goode is board certified in Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine. After an illness that traditonal medicine didn't cure (her story is on her website) she went the holistic route and now that is pretty much what she practices. She specializes in homone and thyroid issues although she does treat other issues.

She will do phone appointments and has patients from all over, even as far away as CA. My first appointment was $185 and included a urinalysis. Thought that was pretty reasonable for a 3 hour visit. Insurance paid for my tests.

Out of curiosity, what Lab is it that you don't like? I ask because Dr. Goode would not take a hormone test that my previous OB/GYN did because she didn't like the lab they used.

If you decided to call Dr. Goode, email me privately and I will give you my name. They like to know who referred them.

I still use Dr. Goode even though I moved away. As I said, she does many of her consultations over the phone and has patients from out of state.

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I was at a conference in Las Vegas and went to a talk about nutritional supplements. It turns out this doctor was from Lexingon, KY. She too, was a tradional MD who is now practicing holistic medicine. I spoke with her after the talk and we are going to stay in touch. I may be traveling to Lexington for business and if so I am going to check out her practice and nutritional supplements Her name is Dr. Rallie McAllister.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 AM

Thank you all for the replies.

Eescapes - I would like to find someone local so I think I'll try to find someone in the Nashville area first but will keep Dr. Goode in mind.

Alison123 - I just came across Dr. Calarco's website last night and thought he sounded promising. My insurance will cover 60% for a non-network provider and 70% for an in-network provider, so it's really not that big of a difference. The fact that you said he is very kind is helpful. I am not overly sensitive or anything but prefer working with a physician who at least SEEMS to care.

TAWoff - I will look up info on Dr. Bazaldua and then go from there.

Anybody heard anything about Dr(s). Forbes? Apparently a husband wife team working together in a clinic.

Thanks again ~ Kristina

Old 09-05-2008, 11:37 AM

I forgot, I am not so impressed with DiagnosTechs lab. It seems their saliva tests are incorrect.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 7,043 times
does anyone know a doctor who does itravenious Hydrogen peroxide therpy in the Tennessee area?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmarshall View Post
does anyone know a doctor who does itravenious Hydrogen peroxide therpy in the Tennessee area?
I am not sure where in TN you are, but Dr. Jill Wallner in Crossville does them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville