Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2008, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times

Advertisements

I know that there have been a lot of postings about relocating to TN, but everyone seems to have $300-$500 thousand to spend. I am coming from Western New York where I purchased my last home (over 2,000 sq/ft) for under $100,000. I know we will pay more but the taxes alone make it reasonable to afford a home in the $150-$180,000 range. I have 2 young children not yet in school and would like to be in Williamson county. I have been in town about 2 weeks and will be renting in Franklin until we find a home to buy. I have found a lot of properties around here, namely Spring Hill and Thompsons Station, but is there a reason that the homes are not extremly expensive or is it just that the prices have not followed suit with Franklin/Brentwood? Is there anything I should know about the outskirts of Franklin???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 04:44 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,643,789 times
I just think it's the old location, location, location adage. The more convenient the location, the higher the price. If you're happy farther out, then you'll pay less. For most people, that means a longer commute, thus it's less desirable. Nothing wrong with the area. In fact some of TN's most beautiful country is far from an interstate!

Good luck! I hope you find the perfect place for your family.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:17 PM

87 posts, read 292,519 times
i would agree. i know people that live in spring hill and thompson station that just love living there. they would live in brentwood if they had more money, but they don't so they live a little farther out. i don't want to drive that far, but if i wanted to be in williamson county with that budget the only other option i know of is pegram, and i think the othe places are nicer.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:25 PM

20 posts, read 84,088 times
I think you could find a place in Spring Hill with that budget.. I know of a house listed now for $155k in Spring Hill, but it smells kindof funny like the former owners cook lots of wok foods. But its nice and has 4 bedrooms and a nice yard! I have seen listings for under $180 but you kind of need to be ready to jump on them. We are looking in that same area right now and the only problem is that the home owners don't seem to know we are in a buyers market right now! We just had an offer fall through over $5000. Whatever... there are WAY too many houses listed to argue with a home owner who obviously isnt highly motivated! LOL! Best Wishes!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:29 AM

30 posts, read 90,417 times
You'd be surprised! As of today, according to my MLS (Realtor MLS is a bit different than the publics), there are 112 homes in Williamson County on the market for less than $180,000 (with the cheapest being $78,000). There are 21 in Franklin, 38 in Spring Hill, 19 in Thompsons Station, 29 in Fairview, with the other 5 spread out in other areas (college grove, primm springs, fernvale, etc). They range in size from 750sf - 2700sf, with 2-4 bedrooms.

The reason Fairview, TS and Spring Hill are cheaper is just location. They are further out making for a longer commute. But they are all nice areas with good schools. The homes also tend to be a little bit lower end than the $500K houses (not bad, just not filled to the brim with high end lighting, granite & oil rubbed bronze everywhere - unless you get lucky).

They are out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville