Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 609 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Columbus, GA where my former husband was stationed (military town). He is just finishing a school and getting stationed at Campbell. We have a 5 year old son together who obviously loves his dad and I think it's important for a little boy to have his dad in his life. With that being said, he emotionally abused me and I have issues as a result of it. He claims that if I move to Clarksville that he will keep our son and be able to spend more time with him... the same with Nashville but it would be less time with our son than if I relocated to Clarksville since it's further.

I am relocating even if it had nothing to do with my ex. My question is more geared towards life as a single mom in Clarksville vs Nashville. I am over the military scene and quite frankly, I don't have much in common with most military spouses AND I am no longer with a military man. Are there things to do there for early 30's singles? Or is Nashville much better? Obviously you get more for your money in terms of housing in Clarksville, but I don't want to buy and be stuck in a city that makes me miserable.

My son and I are both really into music and the outdoors. I work remotely in the corporate world but will be pursuing other things after I close on a house. I'm having a hard time finding a decent priced house period in Nashville and the surrounding area... and when I do find one, the school always has a terrible rating. For reference I've lived in DC which is more walkable than Nashville, but I am originally from the south... although my views do not align with most that are born here.

Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation or had any feedback. Thanks!

Last edited by pennylane7; 04-19-2021 at 09:07 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville