Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 07:31 PM

53 posts, read 88,221 times

Advertisements

Hello all. My wife and I are contemplating moving from Louisville to Nashville in the immediate future. I'm very familiar with the city so I don't really need to much info, just need a recommendation and see if maybe I overlooked some options.

I'd be moving down a few months before my wife due to the job I want being an immediate hire, but she would have to stay behind for a while, up to six months. So my housing budget is lower...but when she moves down our budget will be about 280k, not great for Nashville, but we'll find something.

My issue is my job is in Brentwood, right by the large mall there. In a perfect world I'd buy/rent a cheap house for myself in the 1000 a month range and live there and commute for a while until she can move down too and we'd sell and buy something more convenient. But I can find nothing relatively cheap in the area and no small towns at all, I don't mind a 40 minute commute to save money, but I can find nothing. Franklin, Spring Hill, Peytonsville they are all even more money than Brentwood for something smaller. An apartment is doable, but not ideal with my schedule and dogs. I've seen some condos that might work, but I don't want to be that guy in a condo with loud barking dogs.

If I worked north I could find a cheap home in like Whitehouse or something, but working on the southside I'm absolutely at a loss as to if I have any cheap options. So does anyone know of any small towns, 40 mins or so to Brentwood that would fit the bill? Or should I just look on the northside of the metro even though the commute will be hell. I was thinking even Columbia might work, but I have no clue in practical terms how far away that is in regards to commute time. I know Nashville is just hot right now and it's not an ideal time for buyers in my budget range, but I'd like to take the offer if I get the chance. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 07:44 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,224,396 times
Why are you bringing the dogs with you? Why can't they stay with your wife?

You can use Padmapper to look for local rentals:

https://www.padmapper.com/apartments...74582,36.04135

Also Realtracs:

https://www.realtracs.com/listings/s...Classes=Rental

A reverse commute would be better than commuting from south of Cool Springs. Unfortunately your range is just below average here for a 1 BR.

Old 10-30-2019, 01:54 PM

367 posts, read 590,308 times
Murfreesboro might have some options in that price range.

Old 11-01-2019, 10:38 AM

2,888 posts, read 6,765,835 times
For that price range, I would look to the Fairview area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville