Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2019, 08:59 AM

6 posts, read 5,364 times

Advertisements

We are planning to move to Nashville area next summer from Dallas. From my research so far looks like Nolensville might fit into what we are looking for
1) new construction - 3500+ sq ft home on a bigger plot (.25 acres+), budget in 600s
2) Good schools with greatschools rating of 7+ for Middle and High
3) Under 40 mins to Airport. I have a work from home job and need to travel once or twice a month
4) Commute to downtown is not a criteria but nice to be under 40 mins as well

Any other areas to consider? We are okay to move farther away from City if there are new growth areas with decent schools. Franklin, College Grove?

If Nolensville is right area, what are any other drawbacks or challenges of living here? e.g. traffic, any industrial areas closeby ? Future development impact etc.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2019, 10:14 AM

I see Drees, Goodall and Jones Company as main builders in the area.
Any experience in terms of pricing and quality ?

Old 10-30-2019, 07:09 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,737,946 times
I would look at Nolensville, Brentwood and Franklin. Nolensville has a small town feel with a ton of pride in their new high school and a cute little downtown strip, but the traffic is terrible. It’s not right on any interstate, and the main road gets really backed up.

East Brentwood would give you some options in your budget and the traffic isn’t quite as bad.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:10 AM

125 posts, read 149,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
I would look at Nolensville, Brentwood and Franklin.
+Thompson's Station, Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville

Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsbhat79 View Post
I see Drees, Goodall and Jones Company as main builders in the area.
Any experience in terms of pricing and quality ?
Of those I prefer Jones, just based on quality.

College Grove is the country, except that it just happened to be the location of a golf community with million-dollar homes, which skews the area a bit. It'll probably boom over the next few years, but it's not an incorporated area.

Franklin has lots of options in your price range. I agree with Brentwoodgirl that you should look in Brentwood first, if schools are your priority. Traffic in Middle TN overall is an issue since it has experienced unprecedented growth over the past two decades. But Nolensville hasn't made enough progress with their infrastructure, and Franklin, as the biggest city in Williamson County, is constantly expanding roads and making improvements.

Use Realtracs.com to search the local MLS.

Old 10-30-2019, 08:28 AM

125 posts, read 149,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Of those I prefer Jones, just based on quality.

College Grove is the country, except that it just happened to be the location of a golf community with million-dollar homes, which skews the area a bit. It'll probably boom over the next few years, but it's not an incorporated area.

Franklin has lots of options in your price range. I agree with Brentwoodgirl that you should look in Brentwood first, if schools are your priority. Traffic in Middle TN overall is an issue since it has experienced unprecedented growth over the past two decades. But Nolensville hasn't made enough progress with their infrastructure, and Franklin, as the biggest city in Williamson County, is constantly expanding roads and making improvements.

Use Realtracs.com to search the local MLS.

College Grove to airport in under 40 min would be impossible. This isn't a realistic option. Thompson's Station is pushing it as is western Franklin.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:34 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomandjerry45 View Post
College Grove to airport in under 40 min would be impossible. This isn't a realistic option. Thompson's Station is pushing it as is western Franklin.
It IS realistic since they aren't traveling to the airport every day but only once or twice a month. The OP said they are fine with being farther from the city if certain qualifications were met. And you could easily get there via I-24 within 45 minutes.

But I wasn't recommending CG anyway.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:17 PM

Thanks everyone, traffic has got us thinking about Nolansville. Unfortunately we cant find anything in our budget in Brentwood i.e. new construction.

Franklin looks good and will search further.

Old 10-30-2019, 02:48 PM

how is the builder Dalamar Homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville