Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 03:22 AM

64 posts, read 223,569 times

Advertisements

cool, thanks!-----Yeh well im a SWF (24) and have lived in very diverse cities in the world, so its hard digging up a place that offers that and southern charm in combination!...This sounds like something to atleast check out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 07:01 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
I noticed that you posed this same question in about 10 different cities. Please make sure you let us know which location you select and why. All the best.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:41 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdea View Post
cool, thanks!-----Yeh well im a SWF (24) and have lived in very diverse cities in the world, so its hard digging up a place that offers that and southern charm in combination!...This sounds like something to at least check out!
again, don't think you will be getting NYC in the south, cause it isn't. BUT it has a extreme amount of potential. Also the city leaders are very progressive. Only thing I think they need to do is do more regional planning. If they do that, it could really really take off for the better. I think the way things are going, if Nashville keeps up pace it could really be up there with a Chicago. The governor is trying to make Middle Tennessee a hub for renewable energy companies. If thats not progressive and being far sighted, I don't know what is.

Best of luck in your decision.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Thanks! Yes, I will return to US in one month and plan on immediently visiting 4/5 cities for a few short days.....So I can choose a new home! Thanks for the help!

Old 03-23-2008, 01:00 PM

256 posts, read 888,832 times
what part of VA are you from...I am orginally from Eastern Ky..not too far from apps of va

Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 PM

Hinton (blue ridge mountains), Bath County and a shorter time in roanoke ---My family still there and I am in the process of trying to drag my cowboy father to the outskirts of Denver haha ----Just because the quality of life and jobs are weak there, especially now!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:21 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,367,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lourdea View Post
I am currently living in Barcelona, Spain and will be relocating back to the US soon! I have previously lived in Miami/LA/DC and loved the progression, diversity, nightlife and good looks of the city! However, I love the south and would like to find a city that can offer the best of both worlds! I am originally from the Appalachians in VA and really dont want to pursue an area that is simular and can only offer a beer crowd and country activities....

What would the people dress like, party like, look like.....Im just trying to get an image of the public and vibe! (??)

Thanks so much for any info you can give!

L*
Nashville is very modern . It is not back woods at all, I moved here from NJ in July 06, and find that Nashville has much more to offer. Moving here was the best decision in my life.
What's a good Restaurant in Barcelona? I'll be cruising from there in May and doing 2 pre-cruise nights at the Hilton Diagonal(I had points for that)
Diane G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville