Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 01:12 AM

108 posts, read 143,447 times

Advertisements

Some facts:

-Largest Kurdish community in the United States
-NHL team (Canadian exposure)
-Currently building the nation's first National Museum of African American Music
-Swedish furniture giant IKEA will be rolling into town soon
-Flights to Mexico have been added to BNA

Possibilities:
-Candidate for an MLS team (international sport)
Nearing the 2 million mark in Metro, also the most diverse metro in the state by far

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 10:20 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,976,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadedfadedisbae View Post
Some facts:

-Largest Kurdish community in the United States
-NHL team (Canadian exposure)
-Currently building the nation's first National Museum of African American Music
-Swedish furniture giant IKEA will be rolling into town soon
-Flights to Mexico have been added to BNA

Possibilities:
-Candidate for an MLS team (international sport)
Nearing the 2 million mark in Metro, also the most diverse metro in the state by far

What do you think?
When looking at people coming from diverse places and the overall transient nature of the area, I would say that Nashville is cosmopolitan.

The city itself and the amenities not yet. IKEA doesn't contribute to a cosmopolitan lifestyle. If the MLS comes to Nashville would certainly help along with the NHL and NFL. Building a top 10 theater community would be icing on the cake along with a small to midsized mass transit system with TOD development throughout the city and close in suburbs. If Nashville could land a Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdales would be great in adding another dimension to the shopping options. Develop neighborhood anchors like ethnic cuisine, lgbtq clubs and community center or sometype of history museum type stuff or build neighborhoods off of a corporate presence and build several around amenities like the National Museum of African-American Music would give a sense of place and would be great image builder.

Building a cosmopolitan city (according to my ideal) takes time. And y'all have just the mayor to do it.

Last edited by mjtinmemphis; 06-08-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-08-2017, 10:25 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,723,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
When looking at people coming from diverse places and the overall transient nature of the area, I would say that Nashville is cosmopolitan.

The city itself and the amenities not yet. IKEA doesn't contribute to a cosmopolitan lifestyle. If the MLS comes to Nashville would certainly help along with the NHL and NFL. Building a top 10 theater community would be icing on the cake along with a small to midsized mass transit system with TOD development throughout the city and close in suburbs. If Nashville could land a Saks Fifth Avenue, Neiman Marcus or Bloomingdales would be great in adding another dimension to the shopping options. Develop neighborhood anchors like ethnic cuisine, lgbtq clubs and community center or sometype of history museum type stuff or build neighborhoods off of a corporate presence and build several around amenities like the National Museum of African-American Music would give a sense of place and would be great image builder.

Building a cosmopolitan city (according to my ideal) takes time.
Couldn't rep you again. Pretty much agree.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 PM

1,398 posts, read 2,510,550 times
Yep. Was driving around Nashville this past weekend and just marveled at everything new since my last visit last year. And the women are mucho beautiful. Wow! They were out jogging all around the city. When your women are that pretty, it doesn't matter if your city is "cosmopolitan" or not.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:05 PM

153 posts, read 197,272 times
I just moved out of Nashville and wish I never had done so. I loved it. Now is the best time to be there. I can't wait to see what the future of the city will be like in the coming years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville