Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2016, 08:05 PM

5 posts, read 4,535 times

Advertisements

Im moving from Ohio to Murfreesboro and will be working in Nashville .I was wondering if there is any transportation system that will run between the two on weekdays ,nights and weekends?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 08:21 PM

50 posts, read 72,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaunkst View Post
Im moving from Ohio to Murfreesboro and will be working in Nashville .I was wondering if there is any transportation system that will run between the two on weekdays ,nights and weekends?

Thank you
http://www.nashvillemta.org/maps/route84.pdf

Yes, It will be a good 1hr 15min trip each way everyday. I would seriously consider moving closer to Nashville if commuting every weekday. Bellevue may be an option that would be similar in price to Murfreesboro. It would be a much faster commute too.

Old 09-28-2016, 08:33 PM

thanks it will only be one or two times a month ,but the problem is that the one or two times a month I need to do it ,its a weekend or a late night?

Old 09-28-2016, 08:39 PM

50 posts, read 72,592 times
Quote:
thanks it will only be one or two times a month ,but the problem is that the one or two times a month I need to do it ,its a weekend or a late night?
Uber? I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:48 AM

thanks anyway...very surprising a city like nashville or murfreesboro dont have public transportation at all hours

Old 09-29-2016, 06:05 AM

337 posts, read 453,338 times
On the weekend, I have made it from Murfreesboro (starting about 6 miles from the I-24 and 840 junction) to the Opry Mills Mall area in about 38 minutes (numerous times). The issue going from Murfreesboro to Nashville is the congestion from about 7-9:15 every morning. Also, Any time there is a wreck, that complicates your travel time also.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:00 AM

I notice that I 24 from Murfreesboro to Nashville always is jammed at those times.
I was kind of looking at rt 41..was wondering how it would be

Old 09-29-2016, 12:28 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,537,178 times
Quote:
I notice that I 24 from Murfreesboro to Nashville always is jammed at those times.
It is no better. However, I always find it easier to come home (Nashville back to Murfreesboro) by hopping on I-65 south then accessing 840 to Murfreesboro because it moves freely even with heavy traffic.

Old 09-29-2016, 01:40 PM

great thanks

Old 09-30-2016, 04:29 PM

3,122 posts, read 3,406,300 times
Quote:

You will have to look for any MTA service from Hickory Hollow into downtown. Most MTA routes do not cross the Davidson county line. Some MTA services can be very limited if any on Saturdays, even less on Sundays/Holidays. Most express routes just have a few times for inbound & outbound commutes. Very fer routes offer 24 hour service. Those that do are mostly downtown or in the central core only.

Route 41 Murfreesboro Road is a normal 4 lane highway with many stops. With any crash on I-24 it gets clogged easily.

One thing to learn most state & US highways are known by locals with their street names. It sometimes gets confusing as the name changes. None of the Interstates have been named.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: