Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 03:49 PM

45 posts, read 93,582 times

Advertisements

My family are planning to move to the Brentwood/Franklin area from Houston, TX.

Are there any new construction communities Nashville residents recommend? Our budget is $400K-$600K. Looking for great schools for Elementary, Middle, and High school.

Does anyone have an experience realtor that works with out of state movers that would recommend?

Thanks.

Stephen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2016, 04:23 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
While you are waiting for realtor recommendations (which must be done by private message) I will tell you that your budget is good for the area and you should check out RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Property Finder to see what you can get in the area. It's just for Middle TN and is very helpful!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:26 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skwcal View Post
My family are planning to move to the Brentwood/Franklin area from Houston, TX.

Are there any new construction communities Nashville residents recommend? Our budget is $400K-$600K. Looking for great schools for Elementary, Middle, and High school.

Does anyone have an experience realtor that works with out of state movers that would recommend?

Thanks.

Stephen
You will find highly rated school in pretty much all of Brentwood and Franklin.

Some basics: all Brentwood schools are WCS. Part of the Franklin elementary/middle schools are WCS, some are Franklin special. All high schools are WCS.

All the schools are good. The WCS schools generally rate higher, but a lot of that is demographics. Some of the Franklin special schools draw from higher ESL neighborhoods.

I would focus on the area where you want to live more than schools. Williamson County is big. East to west Brentwood is a 30+ minute drive. Ditto Franklin.

So narrow down the best couple of choices for your commute and work from there.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:41 PM

91 posts, read 131,437 times
One quick amendment to the previous post. A few Brentwood Schools are part of the Nashville Metro school district which is not nearly as highly regarded as Williamson County. In Franklin you definitely want the Williamson county schools over Franklin Special School District.

Old 09-11-2016, 12:26 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,097,132 times
I didn't know that! Which Brentwood schools are in the Nashville Metro school district?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:50 PM

914 posts, read 1,985,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
I didn't know that! Which Brentwood schools are in the Nashville Metro school district?
None. This is further misunderstanding of the "Brentwood" that is in Davidson County. Just because the Brentwood post office serves the area doesn't mean it is actually on Brentwood. The opposite scenario works near Bellevue as well. I now live in Williamson County but have a Nashville address.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:49 AM

91 posts, read 131,437 times
That is correct. There are certain parts of Bwood that feed into John Overton High which is nash metro

Old 09-12-2016, 08:00 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,735,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikm23 View Post
That is correct. There are certain parts of Bwood that feed into John Overton High which is nash metro
Just for clarity, no parts of Brentwood feed into John Overton. All of city of Brentwood is in Williamson County. There are a part of Nashville that have the same zip code as Brentwood, but those areas are Nashville not Brentwood.

If you live in the 37027 part of Davidson County, you live in Nashville.

Old 09-12-2016, 07:29 PM

50 posts, read 72,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
You will find highly rated school in pretty much all of Brentwood and Franklin.

Some basics: all Brentwood schools are WCS. Part of the Franklin elementary/middle schools are WCS, some are Franklin special. All high schools are WCS.

All the schools are good. The WCS schools generally rate higher, but a lot of that is demographics. Some of the Franklin special schools draw from higher ESL neighborhoods.

I would focus on the area where you want to live more than schools. Williamson County is big. East to west Brentwood is a 30+ minute drive. Ditto Franklin.

So narrow down the best couple of choices for your commute and work from there.
Agree with the above.

The best schools in the WCS district are in Brentwood. I would strongly recommend anything in Brentwood. Franklin SSD schools are pretty good, but not good as Brentwood/Franklin area schools in WCS. Spring Hill is also good. Fairview is pretty average.

Traffic is a pretty big issue in Franklin. Although, I guess everywhere is feeling the pinch now.

ESL= English As Second Language

Old 09-15-2016, 01:15 PM

45 posts, read 93,582 times
Is there a ranking of the Elementary, Middle, and High Schools for the WCS areas?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville