Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 03:06 PM

8 posts, read 18,505 times

Advertisements

So, I've posted before but my circumstances have changed slightly so I thought I'd post again as everyone was so helpful before.

I will be buying a house in a rural area around Nashville in the next year or so. However, in the meantime, we're going to be moving somewhere nearby so I have time to really explore neighborhoods, etc. So we're looking to find something to rent up to a year in the meantime. The requirements:

-I have a 13 year old so something semi safe with decent schools. He's an advanced learner so options such as private schools or magnet schools or just something not horrible is important.

-I have a German Shepherd so we will need something that allows big dogs.

-I'd like to stay under $1000 a month for a 2BR.

-I'm open to within an hour to an hour and a half drive to Nashville. I would only go for events and to visit friends occasionally. I've even looked at Jackson which is further and possible if I can't find anything that makes more sense.

-Jobs aren't important, I have one and work from home.

-Amenities aren't super important as it's temporary, but obviously the better for my buck is awesome.

Suggestions?

I've looked at Clarksville and Murfreesboro so far as they seem to have lots of options. I'm a fan of Dickson but can't find any rentals there, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

I'll be back again the end of this month and would like to finalize something before school starts so any feedback/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,109,735 times
I'm really not up on Real Estate in the area but I have been to Dickson a couple of times and found the little downtown to be charming, and there are a lot of stores, etc, right off the highway which are helpful to have.

I did some Googling and found a couple of houses . . not really sure if the locations are good or too far out?

You can try searching via realtracs.com and clicking the rental option.

RealTracs Real Estate Mid-South Search Results

Also, Zillow lets you search for rentals, also.

Will DM you if I find any other options.

Sorry, I just picked DICKSON COUNTY. That one in Vanleer is pretty far from downtown Dickson, sorry!

Old 07-14-2016, 11:26 AM

16 posts, read 12,570 times
I suggest Rutherford County. I was just out there helping my aunt look for places and saw many rental properties. Some are online (like hot pads) , but some you just have to drive by. The magnet school for Rutherford is Central Magnet and I hear it's amazing. My cousin will be attending there next year, if all goes as planned. Depending on where you live, you have interstate 840 which heads you to Franklin area for fun or I-24 which gets you to Nashville. Both are easily accessible and get to you downtown fun in less than 30-40 minutes.

For your price range, you should find many options in Smyrna.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville