Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2016, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 1,687 times

Advertisements

I am currently a K-6 general music teacher in Arizona looking to possibly relocate to the Nashville area. I am not familiar with the area and wanted to see if anyone could fill me in on cost of living? good/bad school districts? weather? Any info would help. Thanks.

Last edited by dej786; 04-18-2016 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2016, 03:15 PM

71 posts, read 74,305 times
It's all over the place depending on area, but you could find something. Williamson County is supposedly hiring about 400 new positions this upcoming year due to the new schools so might want to look there (at least if you need a job!).

Old 04-19-2016, 04:58 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,020,421 times
I have not heard many good things about davidson county school district honestly. I would suspect that working for a school in brentwood or franklin would be less crazy than an area like antioch or east nashville but that's just my assumption based on what I know about each area. Williamson school district is probably a good bet. I had a friend who moved his family that direction just for the schools. Other than that, if you want to be closer to downtown I would suggest brentwood or bellvue (maybe franklin too but that's farther out). Brentwood will likely be most expensive as far as cost of living goes. Or you could live/work farther north where hendersonville is but I've never lived in that area so I can't say much other than I hear it's nice but I know traffic sucks during rush hour (getting from nashville). The weather will likely be much more humid than what you experience in AZ. Winters can be cold but we don't get too much snow (maybe a couple good days, but that's it). Summers will be very warm (90s most days) and with the humidity it can feel heavy and hot, probably a different hot than that of AZ.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:21 PM

159 posts, read 333,828 times
My daughter started working for Nashville Metro schools last fall & loves it. Making more money than they offered to pay her at Vanderbilt. She's at Overton teaching ESL. Granddaughter is a student at Eakin Elementary in Nashville. Her music teacher is Level III Orff Certified. Her music room is about half the size of a gym. She has enough Orff instruments for the whole class to use & about a dozen keyboards plus ample room for movement. There has been a big push for music in the schools in Davidson Co. Money coming in from outside donors. I'm a retired music teacher from IL. I have other grandchildren attending schools in Williamson County & I haven't been impressed at all with the music programs. It seems sports is king & music is not highly regarded. You will have to get certified in TN to teach. My daughter has a masters degree & had to take a few classes to become certified here. Plus she had to take a test. If you would like more info please message me privately. I would be glad to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville