Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 09:01 PM

256 posts, read 890,315 times

Advertisements

Okay I live in White House, for 3 1/2 years now...I still dont know many people here.. Well anyways, I live in Mount Vernon APT, the manager moved in some nasty people above me nov 2006, well they have been very noise, disrepectful to me and my husband as well to many here, they walk out their door just to spit on the ground... I have notice everytime they come home from being some where they bring a nasty odor with them which travels down to my apartment.
soo my question is for you guys in White House or who ever has had the same problem.. If I call the cops to complain abotu the noise will something be done, even tho they can hear it.
and one more thing before I end, I have told the manager soo many time about the noise and nothing has been done. the owner said he wasnt going to renew their least, but the begged him to let them stay until Feb.. Well its here and they arent gone..they threaten to get a lawyer on him bc he was tyring to put them out...soo sorry i just like to go on and on..but if you can help me in any way..please I will take any kind of advice you have, I just want to be able to study in my apt again.and to relax
thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 PM

101 posts, read 848,944 times
If you call the police and they HEAR the noise, nothing will be done. It IS the resposibility of the landlord to provide notice and a warning that essentially says, 3 warnings and you can pack up. Your action is against the landlord - not the obnoxious tenants but put all in writing, even after caling the landlord and telling him what you expect.. Essentially, repeat in your letter what you said in your conversation and send it by certified mail. NO handshakes.

Good luck but I'd just move. People can be ugly and life is too short to put up with them.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 693,420 times
when is your lease up? Maybe it is just simpler for you to move. The decision seems to be in your court.

Old 02-03-2008, 09:34 PM

our lease is already, and me and my husband are looking to buy a house but we want a good down payment..
what i dont get is we have lived here for 3 years, we are well liked by everyone besides the manager...we have paid our rent on time or even earlier thanwhen its due...
we bother no one, keep to our selves..we have had no trouble until the manager now started
thanks for ur help

Old 02-04-2008, 08:12 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,288,821 times
Sorry to hear what's happening. When you live in an apartment, condo, etc., sometimes the neighbors you don't want move in and you're the ones that suffer. I wish you good luck in finding a home.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:07 PM

thanks...But I feel if that if 4 apts dont like them and 2 dont say anything about them and 1 likes them, some thing should happen..
but thanks you gusy for all ur help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville