Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 09:32 AM

439 posts, read 1,258,310 times

Advertisements

Hi, can someone help me with this ?, I read that White house has high utilities, so I got to thinking what other areas has them. Is portland high? and where else is this a problem? We haven't visited nashville yet, but we plan on it soon. There is no point in looking at homes in areas where the utilites are going to be high. We will be retired when we move there so every penny helps.

Debbie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 AM

270 posts, read 797,681 times
I'm looking into TN because for me they are lower. I live in NY and my December gas and electric bill was $388.89.....my apartment is VERY small! Maybe 6 or 700 sq. ft. That is outrageous! I found this site, you put in your yearly income, the city you are at now and the city you are interested in and it gives you and idea how much more you will need to make to maintain the same standard of living or how much less you would be able to survive on. It also breaks down different things such as utilities. Hope it helps!
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 06:12 AM..

Old 02-02-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irreplaceable View Post
I'm looking into TN because for me they are lower. I live in NY and my December gas and electric bill was $388.89.....my apartment is VERY small! Maybe 6 or 700 sq. ft. That is outrageous! I found this site, you put in your yearly income, the city you are at now and the city you are interested in and it gives you and idea how much more you will need to make to maintain the same standard of living or how much less you would be able to survive on. It also breaks down different things such as utilities. Hope it helps!
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Well, some people were saying in White House Tnn, they are paying 300 dollars a month for their water bill. That is outrageous to me. The reason I am asking is because until i read this White House was one of the places we were considering.

I just wonder if other areas of Nashville are as bad as WH.

Wow you do pay too though yikes!

Deb.................

Last edited by Yac; 02-14-2008 at 06:12 AM..

Old 02-02-2008, 10:04 AM

270 posts, read 797,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
Well, some people were saying in White House Tnn, they are paying 300 dollars a month for their water bill. That is outrageous to me. The reason I am asking is because until i read this White House was one of the places we were considering.

Deb.................
OUCH $300 just for water! Try the link, that may help you see other differences....if your interested. Maybe I should look into paying for water too. I'm looking to rent at first and I think most of the apartments I have found pay for the water.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:08 AM

1,109 posts, read 2,964,550 times
Quote:

Deb.................
From what I understand, some of Whitehouse, not all pays high sewerage rates. It's not for water. My brother in-law lives there and pays about $20 a month for water. He is on septic, no no sewerage charges. If you are going to look at homes there, I would simply ask if they are on city sewer or septic. If the answer is septic, you won't have to worry about high water bills.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
From what I understand, some of Whitehouse, not all pays high sewerage rates. It's not for water. My brother in-law lives there and pays about $20 a month for water. He is on septic, no no sewerage charges. If you are going to look at homes there, I would simply ask if they are on city sewer or septic. If the answer is septic, you won't have to worry about high water bills.

we don't want septic, it would be city all the way around for us. do you know of other areas that have WH problems?

Old 02-02-2008, 12:09 PM

Quote:
we don't want septic, it would be city all the way around for us. do you know of other areas that have WH problems?
I don't know of any other areas with this issue, but I am new here. I pay around $35 a month for water and sewer. I am in Murfreesboro. A friend of mine lives in Davidson County and pays quite a bit higher. She told me $65 for both and she lives alone.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:31 PM

290 posts, read 1,055,508 times
Default Davidson County Water Rates

I live in Donelson (in Davidson County) and only average 30 dollars a month for water and sewer. This is for a family of three people.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCam View Post
I live in Donelson (in Davidson County) and only average 30 dollars a month for water and sewer. This is for a family of three people.
My friend is in Antioch. Don't know why hers is so high for one person. Another friend of mine complained about his water bill. He lives with his girlfrend in Mt. Juliet and pays $65 for his water. He moved from Antioch though and said his water was way less there. Sometimes I wonder how these things are calculated. It should be straight meter read, but it isn't always. I had rented an apt when I first got here and the meter sent a signal to some company called Energy Systems which then charged me for water. Kinda crazy.

Old 02-03-2008, 07:27 AM

1,364 posts, read 4,286,575 times
I live in the town next to White House. I'm not sure if the water bill is that high for a house with a sewer.

When I was looking at homes in White House, there are many that have septic sytems so there is no sewer charge. I would advise that you look for a home with a septic system.

My highest electric bill was $120 for a home that is all electric (including the heat/ac). Where I lived back in Connecticut my electric bill was $150 for only the appliances. I had oil heat back there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville