Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 05:16 PM

55 posts, read 104,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by registeredmember View Post
I would recommend Cleveland park area in East Nashville or parts of Woodbine/Glencliff. Woodbine is a few minutes further from downtown but has good proximity to 12 South and Wedgewood areas; also larger lots available for the price than what you would get in Cleveland Park.
How are those neighborhoods safety/crime wise? Like I said I realize there are certain precautions necessary when living closer to a city (and I think a lot of people tend to err on the side of hyperbole) but as I'm still getting familiar with a lot of the areas directly around Nashville, I figured I should ask.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 05:20 PM

456 posts, read 591,557 times
Good luck on your search. I would recommend Donelson/Hermitage. Even or Mt. Juliet, 180K-200K for a nice house is difficult these days.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:40 PM

39 posts, read 62,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2k4 View Post
How are those neighborhoods safety/crime wise? Like I said I realize there are certain precautions necessary when living closer to a city (and I think a lot of people tend to err on the side of hyperbole) but as I'm still getting familiar with a lot of the areas directly around Nashville, I figured I should ask.
Both are not the best in Nashville but both are improving. I would feel ok walking my dog around if that helps.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:54 AM

After thinking about it some more I think I'd be okay sacrificing walkable distance to things to do in favor of safety and still being a short 5-10 min drive or Uber/Lyft ride to downtown and other areas.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:53 AM

114 posts, read 142,355 times
Quote:
After thinking about it some more I think I'd be okay sacrificing walkable distance to things to do in favor of safety and still being a short 5-10 min drive or Uber/Lyft ride to downtown and other areas.
I really feel like the West Nashville and/or South Nashville suggestions would be the best weighing of all factors for you. Close enough to the action, good amenities, and solid long-term investment potential. I also think you could regret not having a yard or walkable area for your dog if you went with the condo option. For a city, we tend to have awesome yards in many locations! As an agent, I'm not permitted to speak to the "safety" of areas, but I always encourage my clients to search crime statistics. That said no matter where you end up, Nashville is a city. I've had lawnmowers stolen out of my front yard in the "best" zip codes and zero issues in the "less desirable" ones. It never hurts to be vigilant or have an alarm.

I think you should keep Donelson on the list, too.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:09 PM

I looked at a few houses in/around the South Inglewood area in E.N. today and saw some potential. Houses I looked at were recently renovated and saw a lot of renovated houses nearby and a lot of new construction either completed or in progress. What're the opinions on that part of E.N.? The most recent thread about it was from 2011.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese Kitty View Post
I really feel like the West Nashville and/or South Nashville suggestions would be the best weighing of all factors for you. Close enough to the action, good amenities, and solid long-term investment potential. I also think you could regret not having a yard or walkable area for your dog if you went with the condo option. For a city, we tend to have awesome yards in many locations! As an agent, I'm not permitted to speak to the "safety" of areas, but I always encourage my clients to search crime statistics. That said no matter where you end up, Nashville is a city. I've had lawnmowers stolen out of my front yard in the "best" zip codes and zero issues in the "less desirable" ones. It never hurts to be vigilant or have an alarm.

I think you should keep Donelson on the list, too.
What other areas in West Nashville should I look into besides The Nations (that was recommended before)? I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can about this city... realty moves amazingly fast lol. I feel like I've been thrust onto the Autobahn.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:38 AM

369 posts, read 946,077 times
I've always thought Inglewood was pretty nice.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM

39 posts, read 62,765 times
Quote:
What other areas in West Nashville should I look into besides The Nations (that was recommended before)? I'm doing my best to learn as much as I can as quickly as I can about this city... realty moves amazingly fast lol. I feel like I've been thrust onto the Autobahn.
Sylvan Heights occasionally has affordable listings. As for Inglewood, definitely a good spot. A few new bars around..Check out Mickey's up in that area. Did you check out Woodbine or Glencliff? Both those have had a few listings come up in the last couple weeks.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:06 PM

813 posts, read 2,040,322 times
I second the Sylvan Heights suggestion if you can find something in your range. A new Hill Center has just started on Charlotte in Sylvan Heights. That entire stretch of Charlotte Pike is destined to be a new hot spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville