Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,667 times

Advertisements

My son is having a kidney transplant on Wednesday the 19th and we are expecting to have to stay 4-6 weeks. It will be myself, my husband, my son and my daughter. We are looking for a nice place to rent (# of bedrooms is unimportant) close to the Children's hospital and able to be paied for by credit card. We would like to keep it around $2000 or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 12:51 PM

2,779 posts, read 5,497,976 times
Have you tried the Ronald McDonald House?

http://www.rmhnashville.com/rmh_facts.html (broken link)

Old 12-17-2007, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,667 times
yep, they are booked and stay booked

Old 12-17-2007, 03:46 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
There's an extend stay place right on West End near Vanderbilt. It looks okay from the outside but I've never even been in the place.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:47 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,363,994 times
Extended Stay's are a chain. They are good hotels and do have a kitchen. That is a good option. Residence Inn's by marriot would work also. Some will give you a weekly rate, so inquire about that.

Diane

Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 AM

142 posts, read 637,835 times
K&M-

I would recommend posting to this board:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/eastnashville/read

I needed a place a while back, while in between houses, and had GREAT response. I would put you guys up but I am in the process of redoing my bathroom and two families with no bathroom is not a good thing.

It may be a little farther from the hospital than you would like, but may be something to look into, if needed.

I hope everything goes well.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:15 PM

3 posts, read 15,976 times
Exclamation Homeless...4 Dogs & 1 Cat

I came into contact with a very sweet, nice man at the west nashville dog park two weeks ago. He had 4 dogs with him. I later found out he also has a cat. He has been living in his car with all these animals. I have provided dog and cat food and some money for gas and some food for him. He does work for a day labor place when they have work for him. I found a place for him and the animals to stay for the past 2 nights, but now they are back in the cold again. I have looked & looked for another place (just until this real cold weather is gone) for him and the animals. He did not ask for any of this and I don't think he ever would. I can't help but worry myself to death about those precious dogs and cat. Does anyone out there have a garage or any place that might give them shelter until this cold spell passes through? He has permission from Marshall Donelly-Combs funeral home at Centennial Park to park his car and stay at night. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER THEM ABOUT THIS!!!! God knows, I have so much respect for them to allow him to stay there. If anyone out there can find it in there heart to help..... He is in a dark green car on the street side of the building (west end). My phone number is (615) 335-5260 I am out of town alot, but leave me a message OR better yet..... JUST GO ON OVER AND HELP YOUR BROTHER!!! It does take a village!!!

Old 01-17-2008, 03:31 PM

3 posts, read 15,976 times
Exclamation 4 Dogs And 1 Cat

I came into contact with a very sweet, nice man at the west nashville dog park two weeks ago. He had 4 dogs with him. I later found out he also has a cat. He has been living in his car with all these animals. I have provided dog and cat food and some money for gas and some food for him. He does work for a day labor place when they have work for him. I found a place for him and the animals to stay for the past 2 nights, but now they are back in the cold again. I have looked & looked for another place (just until this real cold weather is gone) for him and the animals. He did not ask for any of this and I don't think he ever would. I can't help but worry myself to death about those precious dogs and cat. Does anyone out there have a garage or any place that might give them shelter until this cold spell passes through? He has permission from Marshall Donelly-Combs funeral home at Centennial Park to park his car and stay at night. PLEASE DON'T BOTHER THEM ABOUT THIS!!!! God knows, I have so much respect for them to allow him to stay there. If anyone out there can find it in there heart to help..... He is in a dark green car on the street side of the building (west end). My phone number is (615) 335-5260 I am out of town alot, but leave me a message OR better yet..... JUST GO ON OVER AND HELP YOUR BROTHER!!! It does take a village!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 32,839 times
Default United Way's 211

Wow...with my wife being the President of United Way, I hear these stories every day...but it never makes it easier.

Many of you may not be aware, but United Way supports a free phone number for folks to call when they're in a bad situation. It's 211.

211's motto is basically "get help or give help." It's for folks to call if they'd like to volunteer their time somewhere, have extra furniture to donate, etc and they get you sent to the right people. It's a real blessing to have.

In the meantime, we'll keep this gentleman in our prayers. May we all be thankful for even the smallest blessings.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:10 PM

334 posts, read 1,281,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurfreesboroNashRltr View Post
Wow...with my wife being the President of United Way, I hear these stories every day...but it never makes it easier.

Many of you may not be aware, but United Way supports a free phone number for folks to call when they're in a bad situation. It's 211.

211's motto is basically "get help or give help." It's for folks to call if they'd like to volunteer their time somewhere, have extra furniture to donate, etc and they get you sent to the right people. It's a real blessing to have.

In the meantime, we'll keep this gentleman in our prayers. May we all be thankful for even the smallest blessings.

Not to dispute your word, but I called the United Way after an apartment fire that put several families out. I told them I had furniture to give and they said they were just finding them places to stay and they'd get back with me. They never did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville