Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 02:09 AM

6 posts, read 6,726 times

Advertisements

Good Morning!

My husband, kids, and myself are moving from Shreveport/Bossier Louisiana to Nashville and would like to know what area has good schools, good neighborhoods, places hiring?

Myself (wife) Christine, is looking for clerical/office work. I have many years in Collections as well as Dispatcher experience for a Monitoring station for a Local Security company. At the present time, I am not entirely sure my husband, John, will be looking for work due to some medical issues. However, we both have our own Network Marketing Business that is doing awesome, and I am more than willing to work 2 jobs to help the family.

I, Christine, was born in Alexandria, Louisiana and has pretty much been raised in the Shreveport/Bossier area. I just turned 30 in May and I am ready to move. My husband, John, was born in Miami, FL. He moved to Louisiana when he was 16. He is used to the busy city life, I am used to living in the woods aka Haughton (for all of you who know the area )

This is a pretty big move for me since I am leaving my home state, but I am ready and I want the change for my 2 kids. Which is also another thing, Schools. I have a 8 year old boy, who is advancing into the 3rd grade (should be in 4th but ADD is a hard thing to control), and I have a 7 year old girl who is advancing into 2nd grade.

Also looking for a decent place to rent or rent to own, that will accept my fur babies. I have 3 dogs.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 03:56 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,564,910 times
What is your price range?

Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 AM

6 posts, read 6,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus View Post
What is your price range?

No more than $750-800 monthly..

Old 06-17-2014, 05:41 AM

838 posts, read 1,214,993 times
You posted the exact same thing about Little Rock just a couple of days ago saying, you were definitely moving there. You might want to make up your mind where you're 'definitely' moving before going around stating you're definitely moving multiple places.

Second, you're really not going to find anything in the Nashville area in that price range. You would have a hard time even finding a one bedroom apartment at that budget. You may be able to find something out in the country but certainly nothing in or close to Nashville.

Last thing, I know you stated that you had a passive income but I would STRONGLY suggest you don't move here without a job lined up. Nashville is not an inexpensive place to live.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:17 AM

4,356 posts, read 4,746,045 times
What bspray said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville