Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 08:31 AM

64 posts, read 90,941 times

Advertisements

We are looking to put in an outdoor patio and fireplace. Anyone have any recommendations on people/companies? Also, would love to see pics if you have one. We are trying to get ideas on what we want to do.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 03:36 PM

136 posts, read 211,131 times
We used Jones Stone Company to build an indoor stone fireplace, based out of Nashville. They have their own stone yard so you can go out there and find the stone you like, and they will install it. You can google them.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:11 AM

Ok thanks! If u don't mind me asking, how much was it and what all did u get. We have no idea what to expect on pricing. My neighbors was $20k and they have the pavers patio, stone fireplace with a half wall on each side. It's not a huge patio but a decent size. Not sure if that's a decent price for that or not. Thanks for the info!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,269 times
@tracybader Check out Planika Fires. I have 3 Totems and they are just perfect for our patio. We also considered the one called Bubble. I don't remember the price but I can check for you if you want.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracybader View Post
Ok thanks! If u don't mind me asking, how much was it and what all did u get. We have no idea what to expect on pricing. My neighbors was $20k and they have the pavers patio, stone fireplace with a half wall on each side. It's not a huge patio but a decent size. Not sure if that's a decent price for that or not. Thanks for the info!
Our work was all interior. We replaced our builders-grade marble fireplace with a natural stone fireplace from floor to ceiling - so a different project than you have in mind.
We knew we wanted real stone and not the fake stone - and somebody we knew had seen a stone fireplace installed by Jones Company.
It is not a fancy place. You literally go to a stone yard and they have piles of stone and you pick out what you like. They had nice people there, and there did not appear to be much overhead. it's a bit of an adventure.
I can't remember the details of the stone costs exactly because we did some other renovations at the time, but I believe the stone was a couple of thousand, and the installation a bit more - maybe $4000-$5000 all told? But we are very happy with the quality - not a day goes by that I don't look at my fireplace and enjoy what we did to it. The cost would not include the beam mantel and the fire place front part (not sure what that is called). We acquired those on our own.

They get stone from all over the place - I think ours was from Montana. It was sort of cool to go to the stone yard.
If I get time I will post a picture.

Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 AM

Here is a quick pic from this morning. you can always buy the stone from them and have somebody else do the actual construction by the way. I am having trouble getting a picture small enough for the upload but still showing you stone detail. here is one.. I hope
Attached Thumbnails
Outdoor Patio/Fireplace-dscn6754-3-2.jpg  

Old 04-17-2014, 07:44 AM

Oh wow! I love that stone! They do great work! I'm going to check them out! Thx a bunch!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:35 AM

Thanks, I am glad you like it. We have been very happy with it. Also, the stone around the hearth that we picked out - when we actually laid it down in the house, we did not like how it matched the fireplace stone, and they were very easy about changing out the stone for something we liked better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville