Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 07:09 AM

78 posts, read 113,740 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Hello Everyone,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]I have been reading this forum for over a year as we havebeen talking about a move to Nashville in the future, closer to retirement(several years away). Our daughter lives in Nashville, we have been there numerous timesand love it. We visited last summer, spent some time with a realtor and lookedat some new construction as well.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]My husband is almost certain to be able to work remotely inthe near future, so we can start to make plans! I am not sure how it will playout, we need to get our house ready to sell, find something in Nashville to purchase.Good thing is we have time, there is no absolute rush. We would like to do itwithin a year or so.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We found a couple of areas we like:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-FieldstoneFarms [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-ForrestCrossing – very much liked the neighborhood field and common areas[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-Mt Julietin general – not Del Web[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-Hermitage –looking at some subdivisions online[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]My husbandwill continue to travel a lot so being near the airport is good. However, henow frequently drives two hours to a major airport so Franklin area to airportis still ok for him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We definitely want a 1 or 1.5 story. That limits us ofcourse but it is important. As others have said, inventory has been so low inpast months, I hope it improves! Our budget is high 200s, low 300s. I alsorealize that prices are rising quickly in the area, even from when we lookedlast summer.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We visited Lakeside Meadows, a few miles from Providencestores in Mt Juliet. We really liked thehouses by Frank Batson Co. They are starting a new phase soon, we are gettingmore info about that.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Questions:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-If anyone is familiar with the Lakeside Meadows area, doyou think that area will continue to be built up – near Percy Priest Lake. We felt it was a little out of the way, agood 10 minute to even get to a food store (for milk and bread as we like tosay J).I am just thinking that over time there may be other stores built further out.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-Are the homes in Providence Village and those other subdivisionsnearby really close together? They seem to be from the maps we look at. What isthe feel of those neighborhoods – lots of kids? Kids are fine, just want to getan idea, there are some nice homes there from time to time.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-There are really pretty homes being built in Reserve atStone Hall in Hermitage but I think the building is just beginning. I would rather not buyat the start of construction.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-We have looked at houses in other subdivisions online but we aren't as happy with their location (such as Dallas Downs, McKays Mill) but they are certainly still options.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Any suggestions are welcome, we will of course have to getdown there again in next few months.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thanks![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 07:11 AM

So sorry this appeared this way! I did a copy/paste from Word, perhaps that is why

Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 AM

REPOSTINGHello Everyone

I have been reading this forum for over a year as we havebeen talking about a move to Nashville in the future, closer to retirement(several years away). Our daughter lives in Nashville, we have been there numerous timesand love it. We visited last summer, spent some time with a realtor and looked at some new construction as well.

My husband is almost certain to be able to work remotely inthe near future, so we can start to make plans! I am not sure how it will playout, we need to get our house ready to sell, find something in Nashville to purchase.Good thing is we have time, there is no absolute rush. We would like to do itwithin a year or so.

We found a couple of areas we like:

-Fieldstone Farms

-Forrest Crossing – very much liked the neighborhood field and common areas

-Mt Juliet in general – not Del Webb

]-Hermitage –looking at some subdivisions online

My husbandwill continue to travel a lot so being near the airport is good. However, henow frequently drives two hours to a major airport so Franklin area to airport is still ok for him.

We definitely want a 1 or 1.5 story. That limits us ofcourse but it is important. As others have said, inventory has been so low inpast months, I hope it improves! Our budget is high 200s, low 300s. I alsorealize that prices are rising quickly in the area, even from when we looked last summer.
We visited Lakeside Meadows, a few miles from Providencestores in Mt Juliet. We really liked thehouses by Frank Batson Co. They are starting a new phase soon, we are gettingmore info about that.

Questions:
-If anyone is familiar with the Lakeside Meadows area, doyou think that area will continue to be built up – near Percy Priest Lake. We felt it was a little out of the way, agood 10 minute to even get to a food store (for milk and bread as we like tosay J).I am just thinking that over time there may be other stores built further out.

-Are the homes in Providence Village and those other subdivisionsnearby really close together? They seem to be from the maps we look at. What isthe feel of those neighborhoods – lots of kids? Kids are fine, just want to getan idea, there are some nice homes there from time to time.[/SIZE]

There are really pretty homes being built in Reserve atStone Hall in Hermitage but I think the building is just beginning. I would rather not buyat the start of construction.

-We have looked at houses in other subdivisions online but we aren't as happy with their location (such as Dallas Downs, McKays Mill) but they are certainly still options.
Any suggestions are welcome, we will of course have to getdown there again in next few months.

Thanks!

[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Old 04-22-2014, 08:54 PM

3 posts, read 2,927 times
All those areas are good. Franklin is higher dollar real estate but Mt Juliet is not far behind.

Inventory is improving Jan/Feb it was down 9% vs last year it recovering March was only down 5% vs last year. Cold weather in this part of the world slows people down, as result the normal spring inventory turn up is coming later this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville