Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2014, 07:20 AM

7 posts, read 12,294 times

Advertisements

I have posted before about places to live and have gotten some nice feedback. I love this site. I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for bike trails. I'm originally from Pittsburgh and now live in the DC area and there are many rails to trails bike trails in both areas. I like to ride about 20 miles round trip and prefer it somewhat level.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:55 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,105,491 times
Here's a link to the Trails and Greenways page, but not all are bike trails, not yet anyway:

Greenways Nashville

And another helpful website. Ask at a local bike shop for organized rides.

Walk/Bike Nashville - Home

Are you coming here on vacation or planning to move here? Where you would ride might depend on where you live. There are some bike lanes that seem 'iffy' to me but just outside of where I life (Hillsboro Road at Berry's Chapel) are back country roads and I often see cyclists out there.

There's also the Natchez Trace:

Natchez Trace Parkway (U.S. National Park Service)

You can ride 444 miles on it! Speed limit for cars is 50mph. It's mostly gently rolling. There are books about riding bikes on it, where to stop for the night, etc.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:43 AM

2,428 posts, read 5,558,103 times
Here's a map of the bike trails in Brentwood. They are pretty flat. https://www.brentwood-tn.org/Modules...ocumentid=1880

Old 02-08-2014, 07:02 AM

7 posts, read 12,294 times
Thanks for the information. I will be visiting often in the next couple years and plan to move to Nashville in 2016 and perhaps end up in Franklin - seems pretty far away. I prefer bike trails rather than roads - although I have done both. I will check out the links.

Old 02-08-2014, 10:39 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,105,491 times
The Trace is a road but the speed limit is only 50 mph. The entire 440 miles is a National Park . . . on a pretty fall weekend there might be some 'traffic' but for the most part, it's pretty quiet. There are 3 campgrounds but most of the services, you have to exit for. Give it a try if you can!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
View detailed profiles of: