Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2013, 01:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,131 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here, but I have been hanging around for a while. I am currently living in NYC and working in CT, but looking into a move to Brentwood. I know a lot has been covered in terms of details on NYC > TN, but I haven't seen anything about golf courses or information.

I am a huge golfer and, in the spring/summer/fall, play about 2-3 times per week after work. Is there any decent public courses around the area that people recommend? Prices and opinions of the courses would be fantastic and much appreciated.

I already learned a great deal from this forum and all of your replies to each other, but was just curious on this topic! Thank you all in advanced!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 04:40 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,213,753 times
I'm not a golfer myself, but I have a lot of friends who are, so I'm basing my reply mostly on what I hear from them.

Old Fort in Murfreesboro is one of their favorite public courses. It's a bit of a drive from Brentwood, but not that far.

The public courses in Nashville tend to be considered acceptable, but not the best (as might be expected). I'm not sure what public courses are in Williamson County.

If you do move to Brentwood it should be easy enough to find some golfers in your neighborhood (probably just go next door). Once you hook up with them it will be easy to then arrange a round. I'm not sure what business you're in, but there is almost always a connection that way; people from one business will happily arrange a foursome with their clients. You should be able to get your "golf fix" in without too much trouble.

If your job happens to involved purchasing any kind of architectural or engineering services, or something in that line of work, I can arrange a golf outing for you quicker than you can say y'all.

Old 08-17-2013, 08:18 AM

223 posts, read 583,110 times
I tend to play Champions Run in Rockvale, Old Fort in Murfreesboro or Pine Creek in Mt. Juliet. I get senior rates (55 and up) and they charge between $25 - 29 weekdays and that includes cart. At Pine Creek my son-in-law paid $38 weekday rate with cart. Prices for gold here are considerable cheaper that NY - CT! Because I am retired I don't play on weekends so don't know the weekend rates but the information should be available online.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:41 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I'm not a golfer, nor is my husband. So I am coming at this as a non-expert, definitely.

But the only golf courses in those two cities that I have heard described as "public" are the Fairways on Spencer Creek off Mack Hatcher Bypass in Franklin

The Fairways on Spencer Creek

(which I think is only a 9-hole course)

and Harpeth Hills Golf Course, which is operated by Nashville parks dept.

Nashville > Parks and Recreation > Golf Courses > Harpeth Hills Golf Course

I have no idea what they are like to play, but Harpeth Hills is in a beautiful location in Percy Warner Park on the northern edge of Brentwood.

There are quite a few country club courses, and I have heard a couple of friends say that Nashville Golf and Athletic Club on Moores Lane in Brentwood is the best-kept secret in the area with one of the hardest holes in town. It is membership-based, though.

Home - Nashville Golf & Athletic Club

Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,131 times
Thank you all for the replies. I have seen some courses more north towards the city, but I will definitely take a look at your suggestions as I would try to stay closer to where I plan to live. However, I should probably focus on solidifying this job for relocating before I make any plans to take advantage of free time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville