Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 36,033 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm going to Nashville next week for a 6-8mons contract assignment. I'm working for T-Mobile whose office is in zip code 37211. I plan to look for apartment in that zip code so it will be less than 3 miles to work. Can anyone let me know if it's a safe place to live, and if you can recommend an apartment there for me, I would appreciate it. I'm a female professional going there alone, so safety is my biggest concern. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 09:31 AM

189 posts, read 914,719 times
Based on what I looked up on the internet, that zip code brings up an area inside Nashville called Woodbine. I am not familiar with the area.

Hopefully, others that have first hand knowledge of the area will respond.

As a female, I can appreciate your concern over safety when going to a totally unknown area.

The best of luck in your move and job.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:48 AM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2k View Post
Hi, I'm going to Nashville next week for a 6-8mons contract assignment. I'm working for T-Mobile whose office is in zip code 37211. I plan to look for apartment in that zip code so it will be less than 3 miles to work. Can anyone let me know if it's a safe place to live, and if you can recommend an apartment there for me, I would appreciate it. I'm a female professional going there alone, so safety is my biggest concern. Thanks!
I live in that Zipcode, but I am right on the Brentwood Border. I am closer to the Brentwood Post office than I am to the Nashville one. The Zipcode covers a good sized area. If you tell me where T-Mobile is located I could suggest some apartments. Is this apt. only for 6-8 weeks? It thats the case you might want to rent in an extended stay hotel. Most of the ones you might want to stay in are in Brentwood, which is close enough. The ones on the other end are in less desirable neighborhoods. I could suggest some Brentwood ones.

Diane G

D

Old 10-28-2007, 11:10 AM

2 posts, read 36,033 times
Default Thanks for reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I live in that Zipcode, but I am right on the Brentwood Border. I am closer to the Brentwood Post office than I am to the Nashville one. The Zipcode covers a good sized area. If you tell me where T-Mobile is located I could suggest some apartments. Is this apt. only for 6-8 weeks? It thats the case you might want to rent in an extended stay hotel. Most of the ones you might want to stay in are in Brentwood, which is close enough. The ones on the other end are in less desirable neighborhoods. I could suggest some Brentwood ones.

Diane G

D
The office is on Ezell Rd off Haywood Ln, right off highway 24 exit 57A. It's 6-8months contract. I appreciate you giving me more help.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:06 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,207,730 times
I worked in that location at one time (actually Linbar Drive, which is the other end of Ezell) but it's been years ago. It's one of those areas that's pretty safe in the daytime, but one you'd want to be careful of at night, especially if you're a female living alone.

Have you considered looking for someone else looking for a roommate in that general area? Perhaps even with another woman who works at T-Mobile (if it's a big enough office).

Old 10-28-2007, 02:11 PM

3 posts, read 24,279 times
I think most areas are as you described Alleycat. Safe in the daytime (but still be aware of surroundings) and cautious at night. I know there are a few that are worse than others, but things happen even in the "Better" sections of town.
I would suggest you look around and find a more specific area in that zip, then call the police dept with street names, apt. names etc, and ask about the crime in that area.... Tell them you are moving here alone, they will help you....
You could find an apt and then talk to some of the residents--that might help make you feel better about the community. HAving been in your situation a few times, I do understand your concerns....
Good luck with your move & job and enjoy our town!!!
Mary e

Old 10-28-2007, 02:37 PM

625 posts, read 4,570,464 times
Well, going by the zip code in that area doesn't really give the true picture...that zip covers the spectrum:from bad areas of Antioch, to good areas of "Brentioch"...closer you are to I65 the better, closer to I24 the worse-for the most part. I will say stay away from zip 37013, that's really bad areas of Antioch. If you're a single female, you should look around the Hillsboro Village/Belmont area...should be able to find a short-term roomy situation on craigslist: san francisco bay area classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events under the nashville board

Old 10-28-2007, 07:56 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,364,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2k View Post
The office is on Ezell Rd off Haywood Ln, right off highway 24 exit 57A. It's 6-8months contract. I appreciate you giving me more help.
Dee, There are apartments that are in a safe area off Edmonson Pike. Closer to the area where the last poster termed "Brentioch" where I live.
One, that I was told was good from someone that lives there is Arbors Of Brentwood. It is close to Edmonson Pike and Old Hickory Blvd, the section called Nipers Corner. Its a safe area and close to shopping.
You don't want to live right where you work, but this is close enough.
Lenox Village on Nolensville rd may have some short term rentals. They are Condos, but sometimes I see rental signs. Its in a Little village with some shops. It is safe, could work. That would be as close to that area that I would get.

Diane

Old 10-29-2007, 07:44 AM

625 posts, read 4,570,464 times
If you're single and younger than 40, I would highly recommend checking out somewhere inside the city where you can have some fun...if you just want to go from work to home and nothing else then you can just live anywhere, but if you want to meet people, etc then live somewhere inside the city.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:40 PM

356 posts, read 1,129,052 times
I agree, look deeper in the city. Your commute wouldn't be bad because you would be driving opposite the rush hour traffic. Hillsboro/Belmont is a great place for young single people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville