Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 11:42 AM

46 posts, read 155,533 times

Advertisements

I need info on rutherford county..

can you get a job if you havent graduated?
Whats the cheapest area to rent an apartment thats decient?
What malls are in this county?
Is it a good place to start a new life?
Is it safe?

Just please let me know everything someone needs to know before relocating to Rutherford County..

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,349,274 times
Can anyone give this person some info? I personally am not even sure where Rutherford Co is? (would need a town to associate) I would say you could get a job without a high school diploma if you happen to still be in high school, but if not, maybe you should look into taking the GED test to obtain one before you move? A diploma will ALWAYS get you further in life than without one. Good luck to you.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,242,590 times
Rutherford County includes the towns of Murfreesboro, Smyrna, LaVergne and other communities. It is adjacent to Metro Nashville to the southeast.

There are people here who live in Murfreesboro, which is why I didn't reply. The others would know the area better. I'll just say it's a reasonably nice place to live as far as I know. And it's big enough that there are jobs in various types of businesses. I thought Mandy meant a college degree rather than a high school degree.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:20 PM

1,715 posts, read 6,987,988 times
Default just my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy2007 View Post

Yes you can. Your best chance would probably be with an employment agency, such as Holland Group, AmTemps, All Star Personnel, etc.

Quote:
I live in Murfreesboro, but I'm would think places in Smyrna and Lavergne are about 10-20% cheaper. Decent is subjective. If you want to pay less than $600/mo. you will probably be in an area that has some drug problems. I pay $550/mo. for a townhome, but I see arrests and police chases fairly often. If you can deal with that, you won't have too many problems finding a place.

Since Murfreesboro is a college town, many places lease out individual bedrooms for about $350/mo.

Quote:
I'm not sure of Smyrna and Lavergne, but Murfreesboro has the Stones River Mall and the Avenue, which has about 30 or so stores about to open, with about 80 more scheduled. It's the standard stores - nothing you haven't seen before.

Quote:
For some.

Quote:
Is it safe?
For a city its size, I would say it's safe. It's about the same size as Jackson to the west, but much safer.

If you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to give my thoughts.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:37 PM

does anyone have anymore info about this county that might help my move be easier or things i should know before moving?

Old 10-19-2007, 04:49 PM

6,295 posts, read 23,242,590 times
Mandy, please tell me you're not talking about not getting a high school diploma.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:50 PM

yeah i am because i wanna move this summer..

Old 10-19-2007, 08:23 PM

24,776 posts, read 28,579,128 times
Smile Rutherford County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy2007 View Post

Is it safe?

Just please let me know everything someone needs to know before relocating to Rutherford County..

Thanks!
Rutherford County, Tennessee | Rutherford County Chamber of Commerce
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville