Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 03:44 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,090,694 times

Advertisements

Just bought a ticket (like the last one) to see Lady Antebellum at the Nashville Symphony in December. wooo hoooo!

After I first moved here I got (kinda) dragged to see an American Idol concert and we bought pre-paid parking for the Bridgestone which was near the Symphony and what a mess! Traffic was backed up all the way down Broadway and the Valet guys at the Symphony would stop Bridgestone traffic to get their cars in first. We parked on the roof of this parking structure and I am NOT exaggerating when I say it took almost 40 minutes to get out.

SO, I don't want to park near the Symphony. Any other thoughts? Maybe the OTHER side of Broadway? And dinner? Any good places to eat that are near the Symphony?????

Thanks . . . . hope it doesn't snow . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 PM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
What is your price range for dinner?

I'd go to Southern or try Etch, which is new. Or Merchants.

Solo Mio on 3rd would also bean option. Or Past Perfect, though the food is just eh.

Can't help you on parking as I park at work.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I second The Southern, and if you arrived early enough you could park in that lot at 3rd and Almond.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 AM

Thanks much! Will check out the Southern. I have never heard of it! But I like to try new places.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,472,204 times
Third on the Southern...park in the Pinnacle Garage across the street from the Symphony where the Southern is (warning: it's a pain getting in and out of there but I think you get a partial validation by eating at the Southern) OR park in the surface lots across the street on 3rd from the Encore condo complex for easier in/out.

The only knock I have on the Southern is that sometimes my clothes smell like a BBQ joint (smoky) when I leave there. So if you're going to a nice Symphony function, keep that in mind, but for a Lady Antebellum concert it shouldn't be a huge deal.

The Southern was voted in Esquire Magazine as being one of the top new restaurants in the country. It's good...very good...but I am not sure it's THAT good. Definitely worth checking out though.

The Southern Steak and Oyster

Old 10-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Pinnacle Garage . . THAT is the one I was stuck in for 40 minutes! No thanks. I'd rather walk a few blocks than park there.

Is the Southern semi casual? I mean, does it have white table cloths and people in fancy dresses dripping with jewels? Would I feel odd going to dinner there alone? (There's a great episode of Frasier where he goes to a fancy place alone and a kid from a neighboring table comes over to ask him if he wants to eat with his family . . )

Going to be a good night! Can't wait!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:43 AM

It's pretty casual. You'll see lots of jeans and so forth with the concert going on next door. Times I've been there (all lunch) the staff wear flannel style checkered shirts...so it's definitely NOT white tablecloth and hoity-toityness. While the prices are on the high side for a casual restaurant, the vibe there is definitely laid back.

There is a really cool looking bar there if you decide to go alone, that might be a good place to hang out. And no, I don't think you'd feel odd being there alone.

And yes, the Pinnacle garage is a nightmare to get out of. They really need an officer there directing traffic. I'd park in a surface lot nearby if it were me. Though, they may be hard to find if there is a lot going on that night.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
I would feel fine sitting at the bar there. I love their bar. It's HUGE, with two side, so plenty of room to blend in or mix and mingle.

It is expensive, but nice enough that you should be fine alone, and right across the street from the Schermerhorn.

Old 11-01-2012, 07:16 PM

3,047 posts, read 3,315,933 times
For parking downtown your best bet may be the Library lot then walk some to your concert. With no Preds games you won't encounter any hockey fans. You may stop by the Ryman if it is an opry nite. The Opry moves to the Ryman for Nov & Dec so should be safe for walking.

If you need to be closer to the Symphony, there are alternatives. You may want to use the Korean bridge over to 24 to avoid some downtown traffic.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWoodle View Post
If you need to be closer to the Symphony, there are alternatives. You may want to use the Korean bridge over to 24 to avoid some downtown traffic.
Definitely a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville