Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 06:12 PM

3 posts, read 4,563 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone!
I'm looking for a little inside input on the areas around Nashville. I'll be transferring in November to a new restaurant that the company I work for is opening (in Franklin). I don't know anyone down there and I don't want to end up in a bad area haha, I can only spend about 900 or so a month for rent. Also, I'm 23yrs old and I'm not looking to be in party central but I don't want to live in complete suburbia either. Any information anyone has for me would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 11:44 AM

813 posts, read 2,032,307 times
Franklin is definitely very suburban, but it has a nice, historic downtown area and tons of shopping in Cool Springs. You could probably find a 1br in a complex near Cool Springs.

If you want to be closer to core, then I would suggest the Nippers Corner area off I-65 near the intersection of Old Hickory Blvd and Edmonson Pike. There are a lot of apartments and townhomes around Nippers Corner. It's a suburban part of the city of Nashville, but between downtown and Franklin for easy access to work.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:09 PM

48 posts, read 95,115 times
I would highly recommend Franklin, if you can afford it. That's generally a really nice area and was actually one of my top choices, except it wasn't in our price range at the time and still isn't. The people are very friendly and the shopping areas are nice.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:35 PM

Awesome! I'm really glad to hear that the people in and around Franklin are nice How is the commute from either Spring Hill or Brentwood to Franklin? Also, I should have stated earlier that it won't just be me moving to the area but also my son and my mother, so I would ideally be looking at a 2/3 bedroom place. Would it be outrageously hard to find a townhouse or house for rent in Franklin and the surrounding areas?

Old 08-13-2012, 02:49 PM

3,760 posts, read 7,092,819 times
I think $900 would get you a one bedroom in Franklin but you might have to go up a bit over $1000 to get a 2 bedroom.

This is one place my sister is looking at:

Viera Cool Springs | Floor Plans & Pricing | Apartments for Rent in Franklin, TN

And I had friends who lived here and it was OK. Just be sure to get an apartment away from the highway noise. Again, 2 bedrooms seem to be running $1050.

http://www.carringtonhills.com

You can also check Padmapper:

https://www.padmapper.com/

Spring Hill to downtown Franklin is about 20 minutes. Your rental dollar will probably go further there. There are two Brentwoods (I know, I know . . ). The Brentwood in Davidson county is close to Franklin. The Brentwood in Williamson County is also close but there's really no 'affordable' housing there. Very expensive homes. Somewhere near Cool Springs would also be close.

What restaurant will you be working at? Good chance it's actually around Cool Springs???? Where are you moving from? People in the south are generally really friendly and Franklin is a great place to land!

Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM

610 posts, read 1,624,389 times
I rented from the Arbors at Nipper's corner for a 2-bedroom at about $950 a month...Nipper's Corner has a lot of complexes and is convenient to both downtown Nashville and Franklin.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:54 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryGirl2b= View Post
There are two Brentwoods (I know, I know . . ). The "Brentwood" in Davidson county is close to Franklin.
I fixed it for you!

Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Thanks for all the information everyone and CountryGirl2b=, the restaurant I'll be working at is going up right next to the Drury Hotel in Franklin. I currently work at the original store in MN and had been thinking about moving somewhere warmer and by pure kismet, two of the managers who will be working at the Franklin location came up to train at our store! I had an opportunity to chat with both of them in length about TN and from all the information I gathered, that was all I needed to make my decision

Old 08-13-2012, 04:49 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Granite City? I've heard it's good!

You should be able to find a nice place within your budget in the Nipper's Corner area airen mentioned. I would imagine that rush hour does not matter with restaurant work, but it would be a straight shot against traffic down I-65.

Plus that south Nashville area would put you between the restaurant and downtown Nashvegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville