Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 10:21 AM

15 posts, read 32,891 times

Advertisements

Anything fun going on Memorial Day weekend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 11:10 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
If you like record-breaking heat, you'll have a TON of fun!

It depends on what you think is fun. Here are some things that stood out to me.

Joe Walsh is playing at the Fontanel Saturday night.

The Sounds are in town.

Super T and the Tyrone Smith Revue play at 3rd & Lindsley. They are amazing!

Adventure Science Center has a Led Zeppelin laser show Saturday.

It's the last weekend of the Tennessee Renaissance Festival in Triune. They usually have jousting the final weekend, which is totally worth admission.

Also, Scouts place flags on the graves at Stones River Battlefield early Monday morning. It is very moving.

Or you could go scout tattoos at Nashville Shores!

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 05-23-2012 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Tn Ren Fest

Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM

15 posts, read 32,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
If you like record-breaking heat, you'll have a TON of fun!

It depends on what you think is fun. Here are some things that stood out to me.

Joe Walsh is playing at the Fontanel Saturday night.

The Sounds are in town.

Super T and the Tyrone Smith Revue play at 3rd & Lindsley. They are amazing!

Adventure Science Center has a Led Zeppelin laser show Saturday.

It's the last weekend of the Tennessee Renaissance Festival in Triune. They usually have jousting the final weekend, which is totally worth admission.

Also, Scouts place flags on the graves at Stones River Battlefield early Monday morning. It is very moving.

Or you could go scout tattoos at Nashville Shores!
Sounds are the baseball team, right? Are they any good?

I take it Nashville Shores, which will be like 5 minutes from me, is a "inked" crowd?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:59 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,475,272 times
Echo the kudos on Super T...those guys are amazing.

Yes the Sounds are a baseball team. I don't think they're especially good this year, but it's more about the atmosphere and the game in general than watching them win or lose.

Personally, I wouldn't touch Nashville Shores ever. I only went once and it was a nightmare. Crowds...heat...waiting in line, waiting in line...crowds...heat...etc.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:11 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Nashville Shores attracts a wide range of people, but it definitely has a strong contingent of the inked variety. You get plenty of chances to examine them as you're waiting in line for the water slides. It's best for kids around age 13-14 who are old enough to run around on their own and can swim without drowning but have a much higher tolerance for waits and heat than their parents.

The Sounds are our minor league baseball team. I agree with Don; it's not so much about the baseball as it is "going to the ball park." It will be plenty hot, but they usually have fireworks at the end of each game.

I have not found any specific Memorial Day event, though, like they have on July 4th.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:26 PM

610 posts, read 1,624,560 times
Stay away from the Shores :-) You're the one moving here from NY, right? So you're already going to be here. Be careful if you partake in the nightlife this weekend. One of the biggest weekends for DUIs/fatalities and the police are planning to post up much more. Take a cab.
My favorite haunts are in Midtown, plenty of people our age (I'm 29) frequent this area. Grab some dinner at Tavern (may I suggest the loko moko?) and go next door to Broadway Brewhouse for a Bushwacker and check out the Bimini Ring game-good way to start chatting up others Will cool you off in the record-breaking 97 degrees that's coming our way.
I was new here, once! Enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville