Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2012, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,271 times

Advertisements

Hi there! I am researching relocation from VA to Nashville. I have 2 children, one 15 and one 6. I'd like to live within the city but need to know which school districts are best (particularly because my son is an International Baccalaureate HS student and he wants to maintain continued excellence in his studies). What neighborhoods/ areas should I be investigating to buy a home?

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:55 AM

584 posts, read 1,137,127 times
Schools w/ an IB program are listed in this document:
http://www.sitemason.com/files/cfHvX...am%20Facts.pdf

Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
That link is a great reference.

Of those, I would choose Franklin High.

To suggest neighborhoods, we need to know your price range.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,194 times
Hi I am new here ...I along with my husband and three teenaged sons will be relocating from MS to the TN area this summer (early June/July). I have been reading lots of the threads and they are all helpful i just had a few questions. We have been to visit a few times and checked out a few places(murfreesboro,hermitage,smyrna,and rode thru antioch). My question would be of those mentioned or any that u might recommend that we look into, which would be the most ideal to relocate to. Looking for somewhere that is diverse,with low crime rates,affordable homes,nice family oriented social scene and shopping? Also somewhere with in a good proximity to the nashville area as I may end up working there. My price range for houses/townhouses falls between 700-900 a month ( we plan to rent a yr or two),preferbly three bedrooms but can make 2 work as long as it has two full baths lol...Open to all feedback thanks!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:01 AM

215 posts, read 682,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNursey34 View Post
Looking for somewhere that is diverse,with low crime rates,affordable homes,nice family oriented social scene and shopping?
Diverse in what way(s) specifically?

Old 05-20-2012, 08:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,194 times
diverse in the sense of a mixture of people and things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville