Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2012, 09:07 AM

455 posts, read 1,139,946 times

Advertisements

Like so much else in life, we've been trying to keep our house clean on our own, but might need a little professional help!

A few questions for the estimable City Data board users:

1. Does anyone have a cleaning service they like / would recommend? I've checked out Yelp and it looks like these are some recommended services, but each has only 1 or 2 recommendations...
- Green Planet Housekeeping - A full service environmentally friendly cleaning firm! (615) 828-4878
- Green Home Cleaning Services, Professional House Cleaning Company, Maid Cleaning Service, Eco / Environmentally Friendly Residential Cleaning - The Cleaning Authority
- Angel Maids Nashville TN, Brentwood TN, Antioch TN and Surrounding Areas

PS - One thing that potentially interests us is just having a cleaning company come every few months. I thought that maybe the type of company that deep cleans apartments and homes for real estate companies would be interested in this type of work versus an ordinary cleaning company that might prefer a weekly customer?

2. It looks like all these companies bring their own supplies and cleaning equipment. I'm fine with them bringing their own sprays, vacuum, mops, etc. But as a try germ freak, I'm a bit concerned with them bringing cloths, dusters or sponges that they've used to clean other people's countertops, showers, etc. Do you know any cleaning companies that are willing to use some of your own supplies? Or are any cleaning companies flexible on this point?

3. Other tips or suggestions from people who have used cleaning services in terms of questions we should ask or services we should request when hiring a service? We're newbies when it comes to this!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or tips
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:23 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,469,795 times
Absolutely, we use Molly Maids based out of Old Hickory (847-0291). They do travel across the area, however. We've used them regularly for the past 4 years or so and they always do a great job and have been very accomodating to any special requests we have. I'm sure using your sponges/cleaning supplies would not pose a big issue for them. We use them bi-weekly but I'm sure they would let you know if they do a more irregular schedule. They're also exceptionally trustworthy...I've left money and valuables out before and never had any issues whatsoever. If you'd like more info, DM me.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:10 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,727,794 times
We haven't had good luck when it comes to cleaning services. One company left before they finished. The cleaner said he had plans and didn't have time to finish. We had plans too, a party at our house that night, so that was pretty frustrating.
Another company stole more than $150 from us. It was put up in a drawer, so it wasn't like it was laying out. I called the cleaning company, and the owner said we had no way to prove it. I called the police and filed a police report. The police man said that they get lots of theft complaints about cleaning companies. He said he would never use a cleaning company at his house after seeing all the complaints filed about them with the police.

We use a lady that was recommended by our neighbors. She does a fantastic job, and we completely trust her.
She uses our cloths and supplies. Before she leaves, she throws the cloths into the washing machine.
You could ask around your neighborhood for individual housekeeper suggestions.

If you choose a service, I would consider Don's since he hasn't had any problems with them.

As far as questions- I would get a quote on the whole job, not per hour. We had some companies wanting to give us a quote per hour and estimate how long it would take to get it done. I want to know the whole cost upfront.
And find out their policy for damages. We had a cleaner break a cabinet once.

Last edited by brentwoodgirl; 07-09-2012 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: grammar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville