Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 01:15 PM

195 posts, read 527,680 times

Advertisements

Got my folks visiting for the third time and they've not yet experienced "NASHVILLE". In this case NASHVILLE = LIVE MUSIC.

Is there even one bar where it's not too crowdy n' rowdy, that I could bring my folks to and they can listen to good 'ol country/rock/pop music? Something that plays old school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 02:31 PM

63 posts, read 171,482 times
It REALLY depends on how they and you would define "rowdy". There are non-smoking venues on Lower Broadway. Robert's Western World is one of them. Perhaps an afternoon set might be less rowdy there

There is a band called "The Silver Threads" that plays Robert's from 2pm-6pm every Thursday and Friday afternoon, they play old school country and rockabilly. A great band.

The Don Kelley band is widely known as one of Nashville's greatest. They play Robert's 4-5 nights a week from 6-10pm. It gets a little rowdier there as night goes on but they sure are great.

Joe Fick, the bass player with Don Kelley and often the Silver Threads too, used to play with Johnny Cash

Be forewarned: the bands on Lower Broadway play LOUD. Make sure you and your parents wear ear-plugs

Old 03-01-2012, 02:34 PM

63 posts, read 171,482 times
Here is a video of the Silver Threads, and yep that is Joe Fick on bass. In a town full of legendary world-class musicians, he certainly is one of them

Eileen Rose & The Silver Threads "Drivin' Nails In My Coffin" Ernest Tubb cover - YouTube

Old 03-01-2012, 02:49 PM

610 posts, read 1,634,204 times
Bluebird Cafe has a "quiet" atmosphere.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:55 PM

933 posts, read 2,755,732 times
You also might want to check out the Wildhorse Salon. I think that it usually caters to a more mature audience than most downtown venues.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:25 PM

159 posts, read 335,370 times
Any of the places on Broadway are fine if you go late afternoon and leave by about 8 or so.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:40 AM

195 posts, read 527,680 times
You guys are the best! Though we didn't get to sit down inside a bar, me and my folks finally were able to hit the music scene by foot last Saturday. I decided to park close to Ryman Auditorium. Broght them there for pics and history of Ryman as place where Grand Ole Opry used to be. Then walked towards Broadway and turned left for Robert's and Tootsies tour. Then crossed on the other side for the Bridgestone Arena. Then crossed back and let them shop for souvenirs.

The night was packed with people. Great atmosphere, after the previous (Friday) night's tornadoes.

I will definitely check Robert's, Bluebird and Wildhorse. Another option is concert at Ryman. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville