Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 AM

24 posts, read 83,842 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to Murfreesboro with Amazon.com... I currently work in one of their Kentucky locations but am interested in transfering to their new site being built in Murfreesboro. I want to know anything and everything about that area! Safety, school systems, what the people are like, what the community is like, etc. I have a son, just over a year old, but it's important that I find an area in a great school district. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Would a country girl like me fit in there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 08:08 AM

79 posts, read 241,867 times
We moved to Murfreesboro area a little over a year ago from OK and like it so far. I work in Smyrna but chose 'Boro (as everyone says it here) based on everyone's suggestion, school district (our LO is 11 months), growth etc. Also 'boro town has more to offer than Smyrna though living in Smyrna would have meant shorter commute and cheaper housing. We are renting an apartment just right of I-24, and around the busiest area of Murfreesboro but we love it there. We've almost everything within a couple of miles of radius. Even if you go further in toward country side, its not that bad. Blackman and Riverdale school district are considered good. We're in the process of building a house (yay!) a couple of miles away from where we live though closer to the school (not that it matter much).

From what I have heard, Murfreesboro had grown a lot in last few years and I think it has lot to offer. It has nice shopping places like the Avenue, Riverstone mall. You can get around any city in 30-45 minutes. I have heard that the downtown has some crime issue but where I live (5 miles away from downtown) I never had any problem. The people are warm here. I think you'll like the city.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM

3,760 posts, read 7,092,819 times
Use the search button over in the right hand corner in along the blue box and you'll find HEAPS of other posts about Murfreesboro!

Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM

59 posts, read 81,493 times
We live in Murfreesboro around the Barfield area and love it. We have 2 school aged children and both have done very well in the these schools with very supportive teachers. You are close to everything. Good luck with your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville