Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 10:17 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,847,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetars73 View Post
Can any one refer me to any rental agencies or realtors to find rental houses in Hendersonville?
craigslist and realtracs.com are the best sites for finding rentals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 10:41 AM

63 posts, read 170,867 times
We've been doing similar research as we're also planning a move to Nashville and we have a 9 year old son who is a sports fanatic. We've heard great things about Mt Juliet's youth sports programs, including the fact that the public middle schools there have in school baseball and basketball teams. We read somewhere that Mt Juliet has the biggest or most active Little League program in the area.

Others much more familiar with the area could write as to how Mt Juliet compares with Hendersonville and Franklin, of course.

We also have not ruled out the Green Hills neighborhood in Nashville, either

Old 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,481,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetars73 View Post
don...Can you tell me if there are any sidewalks in any of the neighborhoods of Hendersonville. We are so used to having sidewalks, that will def. be an adjustment.
Yes, as vive mentioned most new subdivisions have sidewalks. Where I've noticed an absence of sidewalks are in the older neighborhoods around Sanders/Walton Ferry roads and in the areas around New Shackle Island Rd. Basically, if the house is built around 1990 or later and is in a subdivision, it probably has a sidewalk.

Hendersonville's greenway system has started, but it is still in its infancy. I noticed they started construction around Long Hollow Pk along Station Camp Creek the other day...from what I understand that is going to eventually connect to Drakes Creek greenway somehow...but it might be a few years.

But Hendersonville is definitely a place for outdoorsy people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving_South View Post
Others much more familiar with the area could write as to how Mt Juliet compares with Hendersonville and Franklin, of course.
Mt. Juliet is a great community too and is similar to Hendersonville. Like Hville, MtJ has plenty of lake access though the park system isn't quite as plentiful as Hville as best as I can tell. Charlie Daniel's Park in MtJ is a really nice park and I can think of a Little League park off of Hwy 70 past Mt Juliet Rd but that's about it. Long Hollow State Park is nearby MtJ as well and that is a very well maintained state park.

Franklin is a little different though it shares a lot of comparisons between MtJ and Hville. Franklin generally has a "seperate city" feel to it versus MtJ and Hville that feel more like suburbs. I guess Franklin has a more unique character and identity. Generally speaking it is also more expensive too. I know there are plenty of parks, etc., down there and lots of little league/youth soccer programs as well.

All 3 communities are very family friendly and it seems like most people choose Franklin for the school system, with Hville being second for schools, and then MtJ. But clearly intangiables are important as well. I'd do my best to spend as much time in each area like a local would and try to see which fits your family the best.

Old 02-17-2012, 11:21 AM

15 posts, read 77,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivelafrance View Post
craigslist and realtracs.com are the best sites for finding rentals.
thanks

Old 02-17-2012, 01:48 PM

86 posts, read 211,027 times
Long Hollow State Park is definitely a great place. I drive down there from Madison occasionally, it takes a while, but it's worth it. It's technically in Hermitage, but easily accessible from Mt. J.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville